Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this up today, along with a BP gun..

Nice little combination 8.5" hunter/skinner with the original sheath. I'll spend some time getting her cleaned up and re-oiled. But here it is in as found condition. Should go good with much of my BP era equipement... ;)

giz

·
Registered
600 Posts
I love that design. A lot of companies are now marketting as a Canadian belt knife. Very useful pattern. Looks like the pins and handles are in great shape. Nice find, I'm a sucker for old knives that have modern copies, it makes people appreciate them more.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
What are the markings on the blade?? I've got a couple of that design, newer though, no where near that vintage. I really like that sheath, looks very similar to the Finnish style(Pukko) of knives.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Jamn 44 said:
I love that design. A lot of companies are now marketting as a Canadian belt knife. Very useful pattern. Looks like the pins and handles are in great shape. Nice find, I'm a sucker for old knives that have modern copies, it makes people appreciate them more.

www.handsewnleather.com I think you'll like what you see. Prices aren't bad either. I've already gotten a couple of his sheath's, and several of the Jeff White knives. Really good quality, you'd expect to pay more.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Leighton said:
What are the markings on the blade?? I've got a couple of that design, newer though, no where near that vintage. I really like that sheath, looks very similar to the Finnish style(Pukko) of knives.
Leighton,

It is a Solingen mark on the obverse side. I make it out to be a Othello knife. The importer was G.C. Co... and I find nothing about them, anywhere. The sheath is typical of Solingen, Germany...almost as nice as the knife. I have a great affection for many of the pre-war Germanic knives. This one is post war but well executed...

giz

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Gizamo said:
Leighton said:
Leighton,

It is a Solingen mark on the obverse side. I make it out to be a Othello knife. The importer was G.C. Co... and I find nothing about them, anywhere. The sheath is typical of Solingen, Germany...almost as nice as the knife. I have a great affection for many of the pre-war Germanic knives. This one is post war but well executed...

giz

Really great info, I'll see what I can come up with, by the way still need info on your Puma that you got. May be able to give you a better date/age for value on her. Pic's of all the stuff that came with her.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
The Yukon Hunter is a very pleasing and useful design - and the sheath is outstanding! I've never seen one before.

I agree with Leighton about the Finnish influence - particularly with the form-fitting sheath hanging below the belt loop. I'm very fond of the Pukko-style knives and sheaths.

xtm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts