Smith And Wesson Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
I never have and never will believe it will come to my guns being taken no matter who is in office. I refuse to live in panic mode.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
I never have and never will believe it will come to my guns being taken no matter who is in office. I refuse to live in panic mode.
Very wise. The power that controls the main parties wants each tribe to think the other tribe is the devil. The vast majority of people aren't smart enough to see through the game.

·
Registered
73 Posts
In reading some of the previous posts, I believe those living through the Holocaust, the Communist takeovers of Russia, China, Venezuela, Cuba, and many other places and times may not agree with those ignoring the present and increasing threat to our Second Amendment! memtb

·
Premium Member
11,179 Posts
Short AR-15 pattern "pistols" firing rifle caliber cartridges and equipped with arm stabilizing braces will be next.

Lose Georgia's two senate seats to Leftists, and the law will address ALL AR-15 pattern modern sporting rifles first, and probably all semi-automatic rifles next.

Expect them to be moved to AOW status with $200 tax due for every one you own and to have them registered to you as part of the process. What has been good for the machine gun will be fine for the scary semi-auto rifle.

Don't expect any grandfather clause. Do expect the lawsuits to take years, experience risk at every step, and cost a fortune to litigate before the Supreme Court gets to say a word.

Why take them away when you can first profit from them?

·
Registered
14,264 Posts
None here. Glad of that. I'm too cheap to pay a tax on something I already paid tax on, in the first place anyway. Taxed to death here but accept it as ok. It's not ok.

Reactions: msharley

·
Premium Member
7,107 Posts
Cause: Panic high demand due to violence in the streets and political concerns on the horizon.

How long: Until panic buying stops

Unless someone is new to guns they should not be participating in panic buying. Prior to this panic, ammo was stacked high with no buyers. Sales and rebates were available to incentivise buyers. During soft periods is the intelligent time to purchase ammo in sufficient quantities to last though unforeseen panics.

Gentlemen, don't participate in panics. It lowers your IQ at least 10 points. ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was just wondering what the fellow members thoughts are on the current ammo shortage, what caused it, how long will it last, etc... Of course any answers will just be speculation but I am starting to get concerned. I stocked up on any I use a while ago and I am still buying any that is available, even birdshot 12 and 20 gauge. It may not be available soon.
Not counting .22lr I have over 10,000 rounds that I use so it's not affecting me yet, but who knows what the future will bring.
Hoarding, just like with the toilet paper. It will last until the hoarders have run out of money.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree that’s similar to carrying a pistol if you don’t practice drawing from the carry position it could cause a mistake practice makes perfect.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
WOW! ONE company owns all those ammos? So if something adversely impacted Vista Outdoors, we would be up a creek with no paddle or boat!

Remington's ammo & components division was purchased by Vista Outdoors - which owns:
  • Alliant Powder
  • American Eagle
  • Blackhawk!
  • Blazer Ammunition
  • Butler Creek
  • CCI
  • Champion
  • Eagle Industries
  • Estate Cartridge
  • Federal Premium
  • Force on Force
  • Gunmate
  • Gunslick Pro
  • Hoppe's 9
  • Independence Ammo
  • M-Pro 7
  • Outers
  • RCBS
  • Remington
  • Speer Ammo
  • Speer Bullets
Note that Barnes (Barnes Bullets) is part of Remington ammo, and thus now part of Vista Outdoors.

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
73 Posts
I found this elsewhere, and thought that I’d share. It gives a very plausible reason for our present ammo/component shortage.....especially primers! memtb

·
Registered
410 Posts
A primer, a primer... my kingdom for a primer!
You can't have it, because it hasn't been made yet, thanks to the fascination with 'Just In Time' production. Since these shortages appear for the flimsiest reasons, it obviously doesn't work if satisfied customers mean anything at all.

I wonder how many shortages we have to endure before one of the parties in the supply chain decides to stockpile more than a week's worth of inventory.

·
Premium Member
11,179 Posts
The only ammo shortage is the economic one. Demand is far outstripping supply. This happens periodically when some cultural event motivates citizens to act to protect themselves.

For some perspective, here's an update on ammo production:

Some interesting facts:

• The US Military produces 1.6 Billion rounds at the Lake City plant each year for their own internal use
  • 8.1 Billion rounds were produced commercially in 2017
  • 8.7 Billion rounds were produced in the US in 2018 (latest available numbers)
  • More than half of that is .22LR (response to the 2012-2017 shortages)
About 9 Billion rounds are estimated to be manufactured in 2019, with more probable in 2020.

With 5 million new gun owners, and over 400 million available to the civilian population, if guns were being broadly misused in the United States, you'd clearly know it.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts