Smith And Wesson Forums banner

Your thoughts on the current ammo shortage

11K views 69 replies 28 participants last post by  WendyZXZ 
I had read articles similar to that above predicting the ammo shortage would deminish by mid 2021. BUT with the election of Biden / Harris and Biden's statement to put Beto in charge of guns. I don't see things getting any better in 2021 or maybe in 2022.

I have curtained practice to the shooting range for now. I was worried that if Trump was reelected the liberals would riot. With Biden appearing to win, the trouble has been minimal but the MAGA March had trouble start near sundown. I firmly believe there will be physical violence and we need to stay alert and prepared.

My wife and I reviewed possible escape routes out of our subdivision. These routes include going through those white aluminum fences, cutting through yards to reach a farmer's field and the road around it. I would rather have a plan I never need than need a plan I never had.

Reactions: msharley
WOW! ONE company owns all those ammos? So if something adversely impacted Vista Outdoors, we would be up a creek with no paddle or boat!

Remington's ammo & components division was purchased by Vista Outdoors - which owns:
  • Alliant Powder
  • American Eagle
  • Blackhawk!
  • Blazer Ammunition
  • Butler Creek
  • CCI
  • Champion
  • Eagle Industries
  • Estate Cartridge
  • Federal Premium
  • Force on Force
  • Gunmate
  • Gunslick Pro
  • Hoppe's 9
  • Independence Ammo
  • M-Pro 7
  • Outers
  • RCBS
  • Remington
  • Speer Ammo
  • Speer Bullets
Note that Barnes (Barnes Bullets) is part of Remington ammo, and thus now part of Vista Outdoors.

Excellent links, especially the CCI.

Lesson learned for ALL of us when things return to normal. Buy a box or two even if you don't need it.

As he points out, 7 Million New gun sales with two boxes of ammo (50 rds per box) means 700,000,000 rounds needed JUST FOR NEW GUNS Sales.
Many gun owners remember the 22 shortage back form 2012 - 2017.

Prices and availability will go down someday when the fear subsides. Meanwhile Biden, Harris, O'Rourke and others fan the flames of fear even stronger.

The factory manager is tired of getting hammered in social media...

Reactions: memtb
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.