Smith And Wesson Forums banner

Your thoughts on the current ammo shortage

11K views 69 replies 28 participants last post by  WendyZXZ 
There’s zero .22 ammo on the shelves here. Most stores have no handgun ammo at all, none. It’s hit or miss on .38 Special, or 9mm. The Dems won’t restrict guns they’ll kill the ammo supplies.
Brilliant deduction.....

Stands to reason without anything to chamber, that fancy gun becomes a club. Foresight is always better than hindsight and learning how to reload properly and buying components is paramount to surviving the upcoming no ammo situation.

I don't go out and shoot willy nilly. I sight them in and put them away.... loaded. Might shoot my 22's but I have literally thousands of 22's, anyway. I bought them when they were cheap and plentiful. Not in boxes either, in bulk bricks.

Reminds me of the toilet paper fiasco in a way.

This is a great time to buy ammo... compared to what’s coming in Feb 2021. Wait until:
  • Harris/Biden is sworn in
  • Nationwide plandemic lockdown takes effect
  • Executive Orders are released concerning guns and ammo
  • The next round of riots

2020 will seem like a time of plenty
You have that right. Plugs (and I will continue to call him by that name as I have no respect for the turd and never will).... has said he will impose a mandatory mask law whether by congress or by fiat but he will. next is the gun grab and then who knows. I wonder if gun owners will actually grow some or if they stay limp. Only time will tell I guess. Putting my money on a flaccid Weiner......... :(

It's Biden-Harris, not Harris-Biden but then I'm pretty sure it will wind up being Harris-Pelosi.

I had read articles similar to that above predicting the ammo shortage would deminish by mid 2021. BUT with the election of Biden / Harris and Biden's statement to put Beto in charge of guns. I don't see things getting any better in 2021 or maybe in 2022.

I have curtained practice to the shooting range for now. I was worried that if Trump was reelected the liberals would riot. With Biden appearing to win, the trouble has been minimal but the MAGA March had trouble start near sundown. I firmly believe there will be physical violence and we need to stay alert and prepared.

My wife and I reviewed possible escape routes out of our subdivision. These routes include going through those white aluminum fences, cutting through yards to reach a farmer's field and the road around it. I would rather have a plan I never need than need a plan I never had.
Suburban living. How wonderful... Not. Only difference between that and urban living is the density of idiots.

Reactions: msharley
The other thing that's happening is people are lining up at the big box stores, gun stores every morning of the ammo delivery (Ex. Mon, Wed, Fri at my nearby Academy) and buying everything they can and THEN re-selling it online at 25-50% mark-up.

Combination of a lot of things: political anxiety + regular hoarding instinct + record # of NEW gun owners + growing online re-sale market
Gee, I have around 5000 extra 223 rounds, wonder if I should sell them? Buck a round sounds reasonable.

You cannot list it on Craigs List nor Flea Bay. Kind of limits your outlets. I could off 5000 and still have a boatload left. You can only use one at a time... :p

Never visited either. I'm not a buy and sell person (firearms) anyway. I buy and don't sell because I buy based on need only.

Reactions: Harry Crews
None here. Glad of that. I'm too cheap to pay a tax on something I already paid tax on, in the first place anyway. Taxed to death here but accept it as ok. It's not ok.

Interestingly, I ordered 1000 55 grain SPBT's from Arm and Ally in New Jersey and the shipped direct from Hornady, not A&A. Buddy in Maine also ordered a thousand, he got his today, mine are still in transit. Never had that happen before (direct shipment from Hornady).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.