Smith And Wesson Forums banner

Your thoughts on the current ammo shortage

11K views 69 replies 28 participants last post by  WendyZXZ 
Back in the 2012-13 shortage, I eventually saw many brands on the shelf that I was unfamiliar with, Perfecta being one of those. Since Covid was worldwide, foreign manufactured ammo isnt there to fill in the gap

I had read articles similar to that above predicting the ammo shortage would deminish by mid 2021. BUT with the election of Biden / Harris and Biden's statement to put Beto in charge of guns. I don't see things getting any better in 2021 or maybe in 2022.

I have curtained practice to the shooting range for now. I was worried that if Trump was reelected the liberals would riot. With Biden appearing to win, the trouble has been minimal but the MAGA March had trouble start near sundown. I firmly believe there will be physical violence and we need to stay alert and prepared.

My wife and I reviewed possible escape routes out of our subdivision. These routes include going through those white aluminum fences, cutting through yards to reach a farmer's field and the road around it. I would rather have a plan I never need than need a plan I never had.
Not one single state has certified their vote yet. If he is able to get positive results from his legal efforts there will be violence

My brother works in a paper mill that makes TP and paper towels. I have access to an unlimited supply of both. Maybe I can barter for some ammo.
Anyone desperate enough here?
John
Thats the ticket. Now if only you worked in an ammo factory there would be the makings of a dynasty

Not much in the way of ammo shortages now, but the prices are still pretty high

Unless you're looking for things like 28 and 410 or somewhat off the wall metallic; if all you shoot is .22lr, 9mm, 40 and 45ACP, and 223, 308, and one of the current 6.5 favs, you're fine.
I saw the new 350 Legend ammo on the shelves before I even had heard of the caliber, but in general the common stuff can be found.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.