Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday evening, I took my three-year-old grandson "deer hunting." We went to the old trailer that's bay window looks up toward the feeder.

Then another visitor arrived.

Shortly after the buck drifted back into the woods, the cougar appeared at the top of the field near the far tree line. This time, I picked up the binoculars instead of the camera because I wanted to make a positive ID. I wish now, I'd grabbed the camera instead. This is the first time I've seen the lion.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Geez Parson, I'd say you've got some wildlife around! Can I come down and set some steel in the ground? I bet I could pinch that bobcat by the toe. kfjdrfirii

Funny, that buck seemed oblivious to that cat. I thought he was going to walk right into him. Great video. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cush, I thought he was going for the bobcat, staring him down, so to speak.

About the steel......what time does your plane land?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Great film Parson! I saw a clip once, I think it was Marty Stouffer(Sp) where a ten-pointer got into it with a Bobcat. Cat jumped and the Buck caught him in his Antlers and flipped him over his back. Cat hit the ground running like an F16 on full After-burner!!!! Didn't want anymore of Bambi!!! We've got Bobcats out here in far SE Ohio. gotta watch them Turkey-hunting in the spring. they come to the yelps.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Parson45, You know there ain't no Cougars in Oklahoma. Them's just big Bobcats!! kihfL kihfL kihfL

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, guys.

Leighton said:
Parson45, You know there ain't no Cougars in Oklahoma. Them's just big Bobcats!! kihfL kihfL kihfL
My mistake. nvpAN The body of this bobcat was nearly as long as the body of the buck. :shock:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts