Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you recognize , or own one of these ,,,,, you may be a redneck.
They mostly date back to the days when ,,,if you had a pickup you for sure had white spoke rims . Plus of course you had a cattle guard up front on the bumper , a sliding rear window and a CB antenna. All pickups had to have that stuff,,,period.
Think mid 70"s.
Well the well dressed man driving that truck HAD to have a truckers chain on his wallet and a Buck knife. Now the standard pouch was OK but serious status points were earned with this sheath.

This allowed for horizontal carry right or left side but the brass knife butt faced forward. The little loop on the end stabilized the rig to a belt loop when the knife was pulled out.
That's when BINGO , the magic happened !
The silver Chicago Screw captured and unfolded the blade and it came out open .

It all looks a little crazy but it really worked well and hey ,,, Us rednecks gotta git us some status where ever we can.

·
Premium Member
2,775 Posts
Guilty.... lost mine, wish I had it back, great sheath as it was in a basket weave pattern.

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
Cop took mine...said it made the knife a switchblade...I think he just wanted the sheath and was too cheap to buy one...

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
I'm a certified Scottish redneck. Why don't I have one of those? I WANT ONE OF THOSE.
You mean you want it for “free” yep, you are “Scottish “....

:)

Thewelshm

Reactions: needsmostuff

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Well Bill ,,,,God did play favorites as not all of us got to grow up being cowboys.
In the 70's I spent my early 20's in that favorite Arizona pastime copper mining. Spent all day or night shift wearing coveralls , getting dirty and working hard. Least that's what we told everybody but at least getting dirty.
Necks were not all that red as half our working hours was at night. Pickup trucks were for driving 30 miles back to town ,,,,as fast as possible. CBs and dashboard Radars were part of the plan .Them miners pickups were not much good for pulling horse trailers but they would ROLL down the road.
Then after a 10 day shift came the days off.
That's when paycheck got spent and all that stuff stepped out round here.

I would suspect more than a few fellas from south of the Mason-Dixon line achieved full Red Neck milestones without ever punching a cow or buckin hay.

Reactions: RdrBill
1 - 13 of 13 Posts