Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No truer statement exists today... or at anytime for that matter. In my case I am speaking of my new found love for 3rd gen autos. When these guns were being made I was less than enthusiastic about them, I didnt own, or wasnt interested in owning one. Then came the day these wonderful guns faded into the sunset and were replaced with polymer frame pistols. That is when I ' awoke ' from my stupor and realized that I had been a fool. No offense to polymer pistols, but they lack the ' style ' of the originals, very functional but designed to be a 1 size fits all option. Having said that, if it wasnt for the advent of polymer I wouldnt be as interested in 1st thru 3rd gen guns as I am today. I have recently purchased ' a few ' 3rd gens to make up for the time I lost to what I call a lack of perspective, in other words I took for granted that those guns would be around for a long time. Boy was I wrong, lesson learned. Moral of this story is to never take anything for granted, it could be gone before you know it and you cant get it back. You can only ' chase it ' after that.

Some pics of my ever growing family...

Firearm Gun Trigger Starting pistol Airsoft gun
Firearm Gun Trigger Gun barrel Starting pistol
Firearm Gun Trigger Gun barrel Revolver
Firearm Gun Trigger Revolver Airsoft gun

·
Premium Member
13,690 Posts
My very first semi-auto pistol was a S&W 3904 - single stack blued 9mm third generation.

It is a great handgun, and served me as my primary home defense handgun for over 35 years.

I have only recently replaced it with a M&P 9mm full size, and I made the change purely to get the higher round count in each magazine.

The 3904 has taken up residence in my safe, where it remains ready when needed. Always.

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just in case you are interested, I have a very nice 5903 for sale..

·
Registered
54 Posts
OP:
Yur guns is all far Two Purdy two Shewt. But you muss know that.
Just saw one weeks a go, in an early epusode of the Walkin Dead. My nu show.

They look like my 5906, a tru beuty in its own write. So glad we have them Polish :D Steel guns. Now I understand the attrackshun with Polish wepons.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Very nice pistols. I got my first 3rd Gen a few months ago, a California Highway Patrol 4006TSW, and I'm absolutely in love with it.

I too had neglected Smith & Wesson's 3rd Gen autos in the past and now regret a missed opportunity to purchase a like new CS40 back in 2016 for less than $300. Oh well, live and learn.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yep, I just figured it out too...next addition to the carry rotation will be a 669. I have several polymer guns and do enjoy them but when I had a rim failure in my Shield 9mm resulting in a cracked frame, I decided I would be smart to shift from polymer carry guns to metal.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I completely understand. When these guns were being made, I was deep in the GLOCK Kool-Aid (I still am, but that's another matter). I have since found my enjoy in them over the past decade and really love 'em.

I need to do a new family portrait since I recently acquired a Model 745 and a 5903 SSV.

·
Super Moderator
35,608 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Fine set of semi autos that you have there!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts