Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No truer statement exists today... or at anytime for that matter. In my case I am speaking of my new found love for 3rd gen autos. When these guns were being made I was less than enthusiastic about them, I didnt own, or wasnt interested in owning one. Then came the day these wonderful guns faded into the sunset and were replaced with polymer frame pistols. That is when I ' awoke ' from my stupor and realized that I had been a fool. No offense to polymer pistols, but they lack the ' style ' of the originals, very functional but designed to be a 1 size fits all option. Having said that, if it wasnt for the advent of polymer I wouldnt be as interested in 1st thru 3rd gen guns as I am today. I have recently purchased ' a few ' 3rd gens to make up for the time I lost to what I call a lack of perspective, in other words I took for granted that those guns would be around for a long time. Boy was I wrong, lesson learned. Moral of this story is to never take anything for granted, it could be gone before you know it and you cant get it back. You can only ' chase it ' after that.

Some pics of my ever growing family...

20200619_133758.jpg
20200612_141154.jpg
20200404_202724.jpg
20200403_133002.jpg

·
Registered
17,493 Posts
Very nice little family there. They look to be in great shape.

Reactions: Boriqua

·
Premium Member
10,779 Posts
My very first semi-auto pistol was a S&W 3904 - single stack blued 9mm third generation.

It is a great handgun, and served me as my primary home defense handgun for over 35 years.

I have only recently replaced it with a M&P 9mm full size, and I made the change purely to get the higher round count in each magazine.

The 3904 has taken up residence in my safe, where it remains ready when needed. Always.

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just in case you are interested, I have a very nice 5903 for sale..

·
Registered
17 Posts
OP:
Yur guns is all far Two Purdy two Shewt. But you muss know that.
Just saw one weeks a go, in an early epusode of the Walkin Dead. My nu show.

They look like my 5906, a tru beuty in its own write. So glad we have them Polish :D Steel guns. Now I understand the attrackshun with Polish wepons.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Very nice pistols. I got my first 3rd Gen a few months ago, a California Highway Patrol 4006TSW, and I'm absolutely in love with it.

I too had neglected Smith & Wesson's 3rd Gen autos in the past and now regret a missed opportunity to purchase a like new CS40 back in 2016 for less than $300. Oh well, live and learn.

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Whoa! What a collection, 1968Ford!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yep, I just figured it out too...next addition to the carry rotation will be a 669. I have several polymer guns and do enjoy them but when I had a rim failure in my Shield 9mm resulting in a cracked frame, I decided I would be smart to shift from polymer carry guns to metal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts