Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The snerario ammo is not an issue, seen this on another site, and thought I would see how it would play out..

For me it would be my 29-2, versatile round, take care of anything on legs in North America

Thewelshm

·
Registered
8,989 Posts
M-1 Garand........

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
M-1 Garand........ Yeah Boy! Load w/ some nice M-2 AP!!! Not only handle anything that walks or crawls ... also do a real number on vehicles, turn cover into concealment, just generally do a fine job on anything that needs shooting! Sincerely. bruce.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
I’d want to know where I’m going and why.

If a buddy said, “It’s on, let’s go!” I might grab a high capacity semiauto or rifle (both, preferably). If I was running away instead, probably a .357 or .22 revolver.

·
Registered
17,213 Posts
My Pierce built 308 with my custom built loads. She's good to 350 yards and a tack driver.

Handgun wise my Kimber 45 ACP.

·
Registered
19,731 Posts
Passport to somewhere safer than the inner city of St. Louis

·
Registered
363 Posts
If I could only take one, it would most likely be the Ruger Redhawk in .44 mag and both 44 special and 44 mag ammo. If I could also have a long gun it would probably be a Remington 870 12 gauge or a CZ527 in .223.

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
As with hunting, you need to know the game and terrain. The fight I'm forced into may not suit my favorite shooter. That being said, a Garand with AP would be a SHTF option.

·
Registered
20,893 Posts
The best gun that I own....a S&W M-66-1 2.5" .357 Mag, though I am getting attached to the Ruger LC9s. I can use light light loads, or heavy loads in either. ;) Bob

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Handgun (revolver semi auto) or rifle???????????

AK 47 for pretty much anything in North America. No maintenance high rate of fire,:)

·
Registered
17,213 Posts
Handgun (revolver semi auto) or rifle???????????

AK 47 for pretty much anything in North America. No maintenance high rate of fire,:)
Pizz poor accuracy too. Unbeatable combination. Rate of fire means nothing to me and unless you have a modified AL or AR, the cycle rate will always be by trigger pull..

I prefer shot placement myself so one shot-one kill is my karma.

·
Super Moderator
34,436 Posts
I am another, depends on the expected scenario what the target would be whether hunting, or SHTF situation.

·
Registered
8,989 Posts
I am another, depends on the expected scenario what the target would be whether hunting, or SHTF situation.
Miss Wendy,

Would say that WWII "qualified" as a SHTFBT! event...

The M-1 was good then. It will be good now...

That said....Always use the firearm YOU are most confident with.....

My two cents....

Later, Mark

·
Super Moderator
34,436 Posts
Miss Wendy,

Would say that WWII "qualified" as a SHTFBT! event...

The M-1 was good then. It will be good now...

That said....Always use the firearm YOU are most confident with.....

My two cents....

Later, Mark
I know that in the end of the world type my husband, like others, would pick the M-1 Garand, it isn't the perfect weapon for all events, but can be used on any critter in North America man or beast. I would take the Ruger AR556 here along with both of the optics we have, a non magnification red/green dot and the Burris AR536 which is 5x magnification.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts