Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about a pair of guns that are the same.... but different.

Different sides of the same coin

Like these two. A Single Action 14-1...... and a DAO 68-2 (LAPD)

Both K frames
Both 6" barrels
Both Adj. Sights

One Blued.... One Stainless
One SA... One DAO
One a Target Revolver... One a Service Revolver

The same... But different.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Very nice pair. The Model 14-1 was from the time when men stood up on their legs and held their gun in their strong hand unsupported and shot at targets with timed precision. Actually I miss that time. The Model 68-2 is from a time that I am more familar to me. A Police Officer's Weapon that does the serious work of the protecting the public. Held in 2 hands fired at various distances double action fast and precise. Quickly reloaded with speed loaders. Again a time that I miss.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the comments. But, c'mon folks, lets see your odd couples.

I showed ya my yin, now show us your yang.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No forgivance needed. Ignorance is not a sin (or I would surely be damned), but failure to correct the issue is. Mfg'd between 1977 and 1988. It is alomost identical to a model 66 (shrouded ejector) except in 38 special. It was first made for the California Highway Patrol when they could not carry .357 and marked CHP on left side of frame above trigger gaurd. These were overstamped OHP when surplused. Later (1983) produced for LAPD and marked LOS ANGELES POLICE DEPARTMENT on right side of barrel. All were 6" barrels and the LAPD guns were all DAO IIRC. I also seem to remember hearing they were only available through the academy range store. Hopefully the more knowledgable will verify my memory. Total of 6,055 produced and I've never heard of a breakdown on LAPD/CHiP guns.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
The .22 revolver is very versitile. I love to walk in the woods with one on my side. A 6" pre 17 4 screw with herrets grips in this Bianchi 5BH Holster. It is also at home on the range and will hold its in a bullseye competition. For hunting small game it is ideal.

The 6" exposed pistol is not always appropriate. So something smaller and concealable is in order. Thie Pre 34 22/32 gives the same 6 .22 lr rounds in a much more compact package. It has good accuracy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts