Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All.

I just bought a s&w model 41 22 cal, and i was just wondering what year it was? My gun dealer sold it to me for $670.00 the pistol only had 10 rounds go through it, a older man had the gun for years and did not shoot at all, the pistol looks like it came out of the showroom, it has a serial number on it of TFMOxxx, I dont know if i should give out the three numbers that are left on the serial number, I see where people say to leave off the last three numbers if not I can also show the numbers.

Thank YOu
jay41

·
Registered
4,403 Posts
Hi Jay,
according to the book it should be in the 1989-1990 area but of course the only really sure way of knowing is either ask Roy Jinks or get the factory letter ($50). My model 41 was shipped some 6 years after when I expected from the book (Standard Catalog of SMITH & WESSON by Jim Supica and Richard Nahas)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also have a recently purchased Model 41 that I am assuming is relatively new. I would love to confirm the date of manufacture. The serial # is: TBY1xxx Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
11,420 Posts
I also have a recently purchased Model 41 that I am assuming is relatively new. I would love to confirm the date of manufacture. The serial # is: TBY1xxx Thanks!
The book would appear to suggest 1988 for that serial. Welcome to the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
The book would appear to suggest 1988 for that serial. Welcome to the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the help! I had no idea this gun was that old. It looked absolutely new when I received it. Somebody obviously took great care of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts