Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but sometimes you find things like this....

little "pre 17"..or k.22...five screw..i'm thinking around 1955 if i read the book correctly ( i need to take better pic's)
a little light in the blueing in places from holster wear..and really dirty...but the woman told me it had been her dads and she didn't really want it around her kids..
asking price, $200.00 bucks..
(and no i didn't rip my jeans getting my wallet out,but i was giggling all the way home) hpzl;n;

·
Registered
90 Posts
That's awesome. I'm so jealous of some of the deals you read about on here. Why can't some older neighbor just give me his registered magnum cause' he doesn't shoot the thing anymore? I'll keep dreamin'.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
A wonderful find, and the grips are probably worth what you paid for the gun.
Don
;)

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Looks like it's time to take up garage-sailing! people sell things at garage sales for quick cash, so I could get lucky i suppose...

·
Registered
19,835 Posts
I've spent many an afternoon perusing garage sales, tag sales, moving sales....but I never ran into anything worthwhile......just the typical old junk! You got a real prize, at a decent low price. ;) Bob

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Kritter, WOW!! Good for you! We need a picture of the other side of that K22 to see if the stocks are non-relieved. That would make me cry in my beer even more than I already am. :lol:

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Im still looking for a yard sale deal like that. Missed a pristine python for 450 bucks by minutes last summer.I havent found a 37 knuckle head in a barn either except in my dreams but I know it happens.
You made a great score and it proves yard sailing is like panning for gold.I have even my mother carrying around a little list of what to look for when she is yard sailing.

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
For fifty cents, I bought two old, New York telegraph insulators a few weeks back and I was happy. I'm heading to the bathroom to console myself now....WOW, that is a find! GREAT for you, that's what this is all about, glad to hear it! klgasilBRVO

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Cush, heres the other side so you don't have to cry... :lol:

however this is the second S&W i've picked up at garage sales. the first one..

was .50 cents..... on a table with a bunch of kid toys..... and i did tell the lady it was a real gun,and she told me "Well, it's still .50 cents"

I guess i'm lucky, the area i live in use to be a lot of farmland just outside of the city,after all the mills closed down,alot of the younger people moved away,, the older people are passing with time. the kids are comming back and just cleaning stuff out...and it's suprising what all is comming up for sale..older shotguns,a lot of .22 rifles, a few handguns.. the sale i stopped at this morning not only did i get the k.22...but a canvas and leather breakdown case ( al la leg-o-mutton) for a winchester model 12 ( my other passion) for a buck and a seven horsepower troybuilt tiller with a broken starter cord for another 100 bucks....... all in all not a bad morning..

·
Registered
19,835 Posts
Exactly where are these garage sales??? WMASS. and Vermont sell "antiques"......otherwise known as old junk!!!! :roll: I did pick up some nice, new, T-shirts once for $2 each. But, that's about it! :lol: Bob

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
Kritter, I showed your find to my wife yesterday and I told her I've got an itch to check every yard sale within a 5 mile radius! Even if I had the strength, I doubt I'd come even close to those two finds. As I noted with an earlier post, some small treasures can be scored, but you're in a whole different league with that .22 shooter! Again, congrats!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
all you have to do is ask,,,i look for old hunting stuff and old military items... if i find any i just ask...." is there anything else? or do you have any old guns?" you'd be supprised at what you can come home with... i've found everything from wooden .50 cal ammo boxes, to the old military portable toilets,,, :shock: (wax coated cardboard drum with seat & paper and instructions?) bags full of old military uniforms,bunches of old ammo,a RCBS rock chucker press, lyman 450 sizer and a bunch of dies, ( 50.00 bucks and the one i use to this day) old holsters, wooden explosive boxes you name it,, it's a sale and a way for them to get rid of old "junk"...lol

1 - 20 of 26 Posts