Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yes, here in my part of the country we are experiencing one of the hottest and driest summers since records have been taken, so stopping by yard/garage/estate sales are pretty much out. However when the temps are more agreeable, folks tend to sell lots of stuff and I try to stop and browse when I can. Over the years I've found some really good deals on things that interest me, so I continue to take a look when I can. Here are some items I've picked up at crazy low prices and when I was pulling up the pictures, I realize I have very little of it now, mostly all sold or given away! Yard sales or not, I'm ready for summer to be over NOW, these temps have been crazy even for an Arizona native born in the desert! :)

·
Registered
15,512 Posts
Great Scores! Where I used to live, it was retirement central, so when you saw "estate sale", even if it was in a mobile home park, you could bet there would be some great deals from WWII/Korea/Vietnam vets

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Some nice finds there. There are a couple of really good flea markets very close to me. This year between the virus thing and the temps in the high 90s I haven't been to one all year.

·
Registered
239 Posts
You have some nice finds there. All we ever see are baby clothes, old dishes, and Precious Moment dolls. I did buy a bucket full of tools for $1 once. Lots of good stuff in that bucket.

·
Registered
15,512 Posts
Where I used to live was retirement central, so most garage sales you would find golf clubs; oldest boy bought a set for $5 with the bag and a dozen balls

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
Some very nice finds.It has been very hot here, for PA. Most of July and August in the mid 80's and it has only rained 3 or 4 times in that period.....and not much
Mid 80's? We need to move where you are. It's been Louisiana hot here in Gettysburg since June and little to no rain. I don't think we got any rain in July and just one Shower so far in August. We have a lot of brown and dead grass.

·
Registered
549 Posts
That basket weave "break front" holster brought back a memory.
While waiting for the Sgt. to brief us before going out on patrol, one guy was showing off how fast he could draw from his new break front.
Sgt. walked in and saw this and proceeded to yelling. The guy said "it's unloaded Sarge" and opened the cylinder & pumped the ejector rod and watched six .38 +P rounds hit the floor! Sgt said "you wait back while I detail these men". We all left smiling cause he was kinda a jerk and now he was gonna get his.

That guy went on to become Chief!
Can't make it up.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts