Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 25-3 cylinder in 45 colt and fitted it to my 25-2 pistol in 45 acp/ar. It took me about 2 hours to cut a step into the back of the cylinder to clear the frame stop. Then I filed the ejector a might so that it was in perfect time. There is less than .005 gap between cylinder and the barrel forcing cone. It locks up tighter than the original45 acp cylinder!! Now to convert from 45 acp/auto rim to 45 colt, All that I need to do is unscrew the retaing screw,,,slide out the yoke and cylinder, insert the new yoke and cylinder, retighten the screw, and I've changed calibers. The original frame and cylinder are un modified. Now to find some reloading dies and brass, and let the lead fly..

The factory 45 colt rounds are around shooting 2 to 3 inches at 50 yards..I hope to improve this with handloads.. 10 grains of Bluedot behind a 230 grain lead bullet in the 45 acp cylinder shoots about the same.... I'm all smiles tonight.

·
Premium Member
20,502 Posts
welcome01 to the forums from the Wiregrass! And congratulations on your conversion.

·
Registered
11,064 Posts
Excellent!!!
Do take some pictures of the parts you trimmed, your tools, etc. You have done a job some here would love to do.
now you have me wondering about a 45 ACP cylinder for the 25-5 (thanks a bunch, like I don't have enough projects lined up :D)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts