Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
No experience with the pistol in 10mm. Had a full size XDM in .45 and a 4 1/2" in 40. Both pistols functioned well and were typical striker fired accurate, but not as comfortable to fire as my M&P,s. I attribute that to the higher bore axis on the Springfields. Good pistols, I just found something I liked better. No M&P in 10mm as far as I know. If I were in the market for another 10, I have a 610 and a Sig 220, I would look for a Witness or CZ. Good luck.

·
Banned
5,031 Posts
All the Springfields I have owned have been great! I to wanted to get a 10mm last year just before all the covid started. Didn't get one because gun stores here were closed by state and when they opened back up I held off and good thing because LGS can't get any ammo for it.

·
Registered
575 Posts
It's an excellent firearm. Ive never been a SA fan, but needed a 10mm with higher capacity than my SR1911-10 or M610. It meets my needs.
Pros: It's beefy and has been 100% reliable so far, accurate on gongs out to 75 yds with my handloads, has great sights, some good aftermarket support available, excellent capacity, mags are not overly expensive, it doesn't have "grip zone" molded into the grip, it fits my clubs very well, it's not a gluck.
Cons: the grip safety pinches the web of my hand (but I smoothed it out), I dislike trigger safeties, not made in USA, factory trigger pull was 7# but way better than the sproingy factory gluck trigger, throws spent brass two counties away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.