Smith And Wesson Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
The grip is too small to fit in my hand. Is there a way to re-grip the knife?
I know that post is a month old, but if you're still looking for a solution here I'd try a simple 550 cord wrap.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So I have been looking at dropping some $ on a really good gyuto, I have had Grohman chef knives, various Victorinox fibrox, and a global santoku. After doing more research I am getting worried about the brittleness of a higher-end gyuto, I have been reading stories and watching videos where the knives break or chip very easily given their higher hardness ratings. I don't "abuse" my knives but I do not baby them either. how to care Japanese knives I want this knife to be my daily driver, I don't want to switch when I need to chop harder veg like squash or take the pit out of an avocado (probably made someone cringe mentioning pit) or maybe even slice rib roast off the bone so, are they really that sensitive? Or is it more common sense do not to treat it like a cleaver, screwdriver, or pry-bar type thing? And if it varies by the brand is there a Rockwell rating or other spec I should be looking at? Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
On my first tour during the war I was eventually assigned to a very small special unit in our squadron called Phantom Patrol. You only get on it by being requested by its Flight Chief. A couple days after joining I was given a K-bar by the person I was replacing. It was a navy one with a fiberglass sheath and I carried on duty until I was relieved to go back to flight duty with the regular guys. Stupid me I in turn handed it over to my replacement and took up wearing a bayonet for my M-16.and wore that under my jungle or fatigue shirt when not working. Our primary use would be against the poisonous snakes that were all over the base.
When my Father was going into a nursing home some years later I couldn't get home to grab some of the things that he had left over from his WWII Air Corps days including a K-bar My oldest brother got rid of everything I wanted. I still have my bayonet as well as one more I found in a pawn shop and my pilot survival knife I talked a supply guy out of. I still have that one at least.

·
Premium Member
12,958 Posts
A Jap bayonet my dad brought back from Saipan.
Cat Wood Musical instrument Floor Musical instrument accessory

A Korean War vintage M-1 bayonet
Tool Knife Everyday carry Utility knife Blade

My uncle's survival knife from WWII. He flew C-46's and C-47's over the Bering Sea and Alaska.

Wood Tool Antique tool Hardwood Knife

Reactions: WendyZXZ

·
Registered
157 Posts
This is a bayonet for the M-16 that I found in a pawn shop close to my house:

Here is my last bayonet that I carried during the war. The others were all stolen by my middle brother along with most of my left over uniforms and equipment.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts