Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Testing the water here... first, what I'm looking for. A Model 29 or 629 with a 4" barrel. The reason for this is my little "collection" of DA wheelguns are 4" and the 3" Classic Carry does'nt seem to "fit", very very nice gun, don't get me wrong just a 4" would be better suited. A mdl 29 in nickel would be prefered but blued would be considered as well. NO LOCK. Condition should be at least the same as the Classic Carry is which I consider excellent. Order of preference, (1) 29 nickel, (2) 629, (3) 29 blue. Now to what I have to offer.....
629-5 Lew Horton Classic Carry, 3" full-lug barrel, unfluted cylinder, wide target hammer, wide smooth trigger, white outline rear sight, black front (w/red nail polish) sight. Grips shown are original to the gun. I obtained this in 2004 (pre-owned) from a dealer here in AZ. Confirmed L.H. 1999 lineage via e-mails to both S&W customer service and Lew Horton. Unfired by me, actual round count unknown, but I suspect very very little. Mechanically perfect, locks up tight, no end shake, DA butter smooth and light and SA breaks like glass and light (sorry, no trigger pull guage). I pay shipping & FFL charge on my end, you pay same on your end. I would keep it and just buy the 4" 29 / 629 I want but at present funds (and wife) won't allow for that. Not listed or advertised elsewhere. What'cha got... reply here, PM or e-mail. Best Regards.... snafu (Bill)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts