Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just putting out a feeler to see if anyone may have an S&W 916a police 12ga. they would want to sell. I owned one many years ago, and sold it and wish I had not. I guess more sentimental feelings for it, but I would like to have another one. Image below is the model.

916a.jpg

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
They are out there. Lots of used police trade in's just be careful as parts for them are hard to come by. I have two in Stainless Steel extremely rare. Good luck on your hunt photo916.jpg

sequencial serial numbers also

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did come across one a few weeks back. All intact, but a little wear and tear as one would expect. This was more a nostalgia purchase than anything. I really doubt it'll even get shot more than a few times.

S&W 916a 12ga. pump (12-22-2019) - 02.JPG

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
There is a 916A and High Standard RIOT at LGS here ,I looked at both settled for Mossberg 500A. Glad you found the shotgun you wanted.
1221191540.jpg

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a couple of Mossbergs, my 590 is my "take care of things" 12ga. The S&W is more I just wished I'd never sold mine in the early 90's. It's too old to be a reliable work gun IMHO. So the Mossberg gets that job.

Mossberg 590® Tactical - (11-29-2019) - 01.JPG

1 - 5 of 5 Posts