Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a rear sight assembly for a 22-32 Heavy Frame Target. Serial number dates to about 1915. The rear sight leaf would appear to need to be about 3/16" wide. It doesn't have to be a sight that is exactly correct for this gun, as long as it'll fit and function. Please let me know what you have. Thanks, Alan in Mississippi. [email protected]

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
A vendor at a local show had a 22/32 also missing the rear sight on his table way over priced for at least 3 years. I kept looking for a rear sight without any luck. I didn't try every supplier on the list as I wasn't that interested but just kept the sight in my mental want list. Finally one popped up on gun broker with some other 22/32 parts and the next show was in a couple days. I went to the show and finally bought the gun for $300. Then I walked out the door and sent an offer to the gun broker seller for his parts. Ended up with the parts and immediately someone was searching for a 22/32 hammer so I sold that. I still had $250 in the rear sight. Then the rear sight turned out to be from a much later gun and I had to purchase a special small end mill and take the gun to a friends machine shop and use his Bridgeport to mill a small depression in the top strap for the elevation screw. now I have a complete 22/32 that I might have saved from becoming a parts gun but am too heavily invested in. The things we do for fun.......
Firearm Gun Trigger Revolver Gun accessory

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BTT
Still looking for a rear sight. I’ve called/emailed the various parts guys and suppliers with no luck. If anyone has one, or a parts gun, or just a narrow sight that may could be modified to fit please let me know. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts