Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here.....looking to buy (at a reasonable price) a PPC revolver preferably with aristocrat sights, sharp rifling, good lock up and not worn out. 38 caliber preferred over 357 but will entertain possibilities. Thanks for the time.

·
Registered
9,064 Posts
Welcome to S&W!

They do come up, on occasion....

·
Registered
20,909 Posts
Wasn't one for sale a few weeks ago???? Still available! Bob

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
That was one of my competition revolvers when I shot PPC. It was offered to me by a retiring competitor. Built by Bill Davis’s shop using a Model 64 frame and guts. Not sure who made the barrel but the rib is an Aristcrat with a three position front sight and an adjustable rear sight. At 7 yards I used the Number 10 for an aim point with point of impact being the X ring. At 25 and 50 yards I used the neck/base of the chin for aim with bullets impacting the X ring. It worked well enough to keep me in the top of my class for a couple of seasons until I jumped to Master class. Started at the bottom and SLOOOWWWLLLLYYYYY worked my way up. By the time I ranked in the middle of the Governors 20, I was burned out.

The grips in the photo used to be Target that I whittled to fit my hand. I did two sets like that and kept them on my two main revolvers.

Kevin

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds like you did well........I dont expect to be top dog BUT I do want to be competitive....I'm looking at a couple but havent committed yet...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts