Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this site so I'm assuming this would be the best place to start. I'm looking for a 296 for the collection. Usual story: kicking myself for not picking one up when they were current mfg. At least I had the foresight to get a 242, which I carry a lot.

If anybody has one they're looking to part with, or if you know of a dealer or distributor or a link to a private seller, I'd appreciate your help.

Thanks

Doc

·
Administrator
8,103 Posts
Doc,
First of all, welcome to the forum.

Secondly, I just wanted to let you know that you did indeed post your query in the right forum.. Sorry, I can't help you with what you're looking for though.

Hopefully, someone will be along soon who can help you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Ken. Will check it out and post back. As a "noob", I can't say if the link thing is kosher or not either, but let's hope nobody minds :)

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
ducatidoc said:
Thanks Ken. Will check it out and post back. As a "noob", I can't say if the link thing is kosher or not either, but let's hope nobody minds :)
Yeah, I directed that question at the moderators. You or I wouldn't know the answer! ;)

·
Administrator
8,103 Posts
Ken,
Yes, it's permissable. It's spelled out in the rules for the classifieds.

The rules are in a sticky on top of this forum.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You guys in the S&WCA could maybe weigh in here. The gun in the link looks OK, but does $ 650 seem to be a tad pricey to you ? I'm not looking for a steal or being a cheapskate, but I perused the seller's other offerings and it sure looks like he's asking top $$. Any thoughts ?

·
Registered
422 Posts
I've seen them bring more and I've seen them bring less. How's that for middle of the road. :lol:
I've got one that I carry and I've got a lnib put back. FYI Noconeetrader sold a 242 lnib on GunBroker about a year ago for around $1100.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, I regret to admit I may be behind the times price-wise, as I continue my research :oops: I have to confess this is my first Smith purchase in over two years and I haven't bought anything that shoots since the advent of the current, um..."climate".

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got some good news this a.m. My indefatigable dealer buddy found me "NIBUTBHH" for $ 835. Since it's for the collection, I'm going to go for it, then maybe look for a used one for carry purposes. I've been carrying the 242 in .38 routinely, switching to a 340PD loaded w .38 MagSafes during the warmer weather months. Will post picture of new 296 ASAP.

Thanks to everyone who replied. This site is definitely a keeper on the desktop. ihfnlllllq

1 - 11 of 11 Posts