Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a new Model 63 22LR, stainless, 3" barrel revolver for my wife's birthday in January 2013. I ordered it from my local S&W dealer. He has still not been able to get the pistol - now 1 1/2 year later. I've emailed S&W and all they have done more than once is refer me to local dealers. I've emailed two Houston area dealers (from their websites) and received no replies. (That is one of my complaints about companies who set up "Contact Us" tabs on their websites and then never reply!)

I don't understand the lack of feedback or information from S&W or my dealer(s). How long should someone expect to wait for a pistol that S&W shows on their website? I could have gotten numerous Ruger revolvers but I want the S&W.

I've looked on Gunbroker.com but have not found what I am looking for - a brand new pistol, stainless, with a 3" or 4" barrel.

Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
20,370 Posts
welcome01 to the forums from the Wiregrass! I'm sorry for your situation. S&W has been under extreme demand for its products for several years now. Recently, they announced some drop in demand. So, perhaps they can now start to address backlogs. Best of luck!

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
smith guns as said have been tough to get. with the demand for all there other bodyguards, m&p, shields, etc i dont think they have a huge calling for 63. but that doesn't help you. call cs at 1-800-331-0852 they are decent to deal with and maybe they can locate one at a distribuutors or something. good luck

·
Registered
make mine 45 acp 😎
4,052 Posts
Local lgs has both the 63 and 617 in stock..
so they are out there..

They dont seem to be interested in discounting them at all..

Id go to davidsons gun genie and see if someone in your area has one?

you can also give these guys a shout directly if you want - they sell on GB sometimes, so they are comfortable shipping..

http://www.shotsfiredrange.com/

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I waited slightly over 2 years and still no model 63. I gave up and bought a model 317-3.

·
Registered
21,161 Posts
There are plenty of S&W revolvers on the shelves of my LGS. I would not wait years for any gun! :mad: I buy it, when I see it at the dealers'. If I couldn't get a S&W.....I'd buy a Ruger. Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts