Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a Model 57 in good shape. I'm a shooter, not a collector so don't worry about whether it has the original box or papers.

Message me here with what you have and your shipped price.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
Lots of luck. I have been looking for a 657 for 15 years have not found one yet. ?Im a shooter also. if you find a shooter they seem to be in rough shape and want lots of money or a collector that is way to high ..

·
Super Moderator
19,709 Posts
It took me 3 years of searching to get my model 57, and it took a friend of mine 300 miles away to find it for me.
I had been looking for what seemed to be forever, and then one afternoon a friend called me and told me he found a model 57 and knew I was looking for one. e told me everything he could about it, and the store that had it for sale. I lived in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, and he lived in Kalispell, MT. I had to very quickly make the decision if I was going to try and get it, or not.
I decided to call the store that had it, and after a few minutes of conversation I told them I wanted it, and wanted them to ship it to my FFL in Idaho. We struck the deal, I gave them my credit card info and 2 days later my FFL called me that he had it there. I told my manager where I worked that I got a phone call and something important had come up, and I would have to leave early that afternoon. She asked me what was going on and I told her it was unexpected personal business that I had to deal with right away, and that I needed to go. She said yes, and about an hour later I arrived at my FFL dealer, about 10 minutes after that I finally had my model 57.
To this day (11 years later) I still have my model 57 and have no plans to ever part with it.

So the moral of this long drawn out story is this.: All good things come to those that wait.
I hope you find what you're looking for a whole lot faster than it took me to find mine.

Regards,
Gregory

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Still looking...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still looking. If you have dies and brass to include, that'd be great! I also like chocolate cake with chocolate frosting...and vanilla ice cream. Hey, since I'm asking, I might as well try to get it all...

Reactions: Tiribulus

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a Model 57 I’ve been thinking about selling. It’s an S serial number gun with 4 inch barrel and Coke grips. S serial number guns bring a premium over N serial number, 4 inch guns bring more than 6 inch, and Coke grips are very desirable so it’s not the cheapest 57 out there but it’s one of the most desirable. PM me if you might be interested.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Did you find any yet? I was searching 4 to 5 days a week.

Over a decade ago my LGS had a clearance sale on the new s&w N frames, all of them were marked $699. I grabbed a m58/m57/m24 all in the world famous S&W nickel finish. No one wants the mim/loc revolvers, l regret not buying more. They discontinued certain calibers and the nickel finish too. Grab that nickel.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The search continues, but perhaps a little less vigorously. I can't find anything locally, and online prices are crazy right now.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I sent a PM your way, just in case.

bob

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the responses everyone--I do appreciate them. However, given the current market, I think I will halt my search for now--my budget just isn't realistic. Thanks again! This is a great group!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts