Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hard to find K22 pre M17 5 screw with the heavy bbl. Must all match, including stocks. Big Larry

·
Registered
8,609 Posts
Good luck.

If any one has the determination to locate one, my money is on you!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been looking for some time. All the ones I have seen were M17's or 4 screws. Saw one a while back, but $1,500? I can get an Outdoorsman for that. I am quite sure I will run across one someday. Thanks, Big Larry

·
Registered
8,609 Posts
Hey Larry,

You mean similar to this 1950 vintage?

But, in pristine shape? :ROFLMAO:

Later, Mark

Attachments

Reactions: combat

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am not quite sure they had a heavy bbl. in 1950. Yours appears to be the light bbl. variety. I have a near mint K22 made and shipped on my 5th birthday. 9-23-1947. It is the light bbl., one line address, and the ever popular LERK. Thanks, Big Larry

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sent for a letter on this revolver back on 2-25. Check has cleared a while back. I just gots to know if those beautiful stocks are original. I don't care where it went. It also has a target hammer. I have other early Smiths with lettered target hammers and one 5 screw Combat Masterpiece 38 that letters with target stocks too. Big Larry

·
Registered
90 Posts
Beautiful K22!!!! I, too, have a 1947 dated K22. not my birth year but a year younger!!! Didn't know they were available in a heavy barrel.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I also have a 1947 K22 4 digit serial number shipped on my 5th birthday. It is over at my buddys housed getting photographed. We bought a Light Box for taking gun pics. My 1947 K22 is still in its original numbered box with all the tools and most of the paperwork. It is the revolver that started my S&W collection. I am not sure when they came out with the HB, but my new K22 HB is one of the last 5 screws. Big Larry

1 - 17 of 17 Posts