Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To be fair, last year was like a bad dream for everyone, I know it was for me. Last January my son destroyed his knee in a police foot pursuit, which took him out of action for 9 months and we all had to jump in to help with grandkids and doctor's appointments, including physical therapy sessions until he could drive himself. Then later in February I took on a horrible upper respiratory infection that caused me to cough so hard I tore a cartilage in my rib cage, making a cough or sneeze an act of torture, but I recovered. In the early part of March, while hearing about a virus in China at a crowded grandgal's recital in a shopping mall, we all joked, but although I didn't get COVID, I did catch a strain of Flu my annual inoculation hadn't planned for...I nearly died. Then a water leak from an unseen shower valve behind a wall covered inside with black mold, well, it was a long hard (expensive) remodel process. Throw in another older sister 175 miles away, deemed to suddenly be experiencing and suffering from early on-set Adult Dementia and Alzheimers, having to place her into a group home, it was a crappy experience, except that I've become very close to a niece living in California through this ugly outcome. Combine it with the hottest summer on record in the desert of Arizona where I live, ZERO rain for many months, the regular 'monsoon' rains apparently taking the year off, it was brutal, I lost a tree, which might not sound like a big deal to you living in greener climates, but it is for a desert rat like myself. In September I sat up from a low-slung pool chair while watching stars with my beautiful wife and thinking I was a young man, stood up with my clearly overweight body just using my knees and the next morning realized I had seriously injured my right knee. At one point I had to use a cane to get up from bed each morning, but after deciding to 'take it easy', along with wearing different knee braces day and night, I'm back in the game, however I feel the weather changes. All that said, because of mask wearing and long lines and everything else that repulsed me, I did manage to buy one gun in 2020; a used and abused (finish only) that was a BUG of my son's old police partner and in fact my boy's "Best Man" at his wedding! It's in my pocket as I type and based on its looks, it sort of reflects the year I bought her; not pretty, but effective and knowing you can get the job done if necessary! :)

·
Registered
10,283 Posts
What?? You abnormal, Stacey? Lordy who’d a thunk it!!

Me? Picked only 2. A 20 gauge compact semi and my first AR15. Makes me abnormal too, I reckon! None were Smiths! Sacrilege!

Found out that now AR stands for America’s Rifle donchaknow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Blackcloud2

·
Registered
573 Posts
Blackcloud2, I just wanna say Thanks...... that makes my year look pretty tame! :) Running Darkcloud

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
I bought 3

Ruger mk 3 22.45 from a member
Berretta FX 9mm
Dan Wesson 15-2 heavy V

Don’t think I got anything else :)

Thewelshm

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I have always firmly believed in "one-gun-a-month"... minimum, of course. (y)

I didn't think I was going to make it in 2020, but I managed to pull it off at the last minute. :cool:

However, for 2021 (and for the first time in many years) my goal is a very modest "one-gun-every-other-month." :oops:

Has nothing to do with politics. Gun prices are just too damn high to be attractive. :(

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
I don't know if it was 2020's fault or that the changes brought about by this Covid ordeal has made us all dwell on the negative but it sure seemed to be a dreadful year. I managed to buy 2 pre model 27s, an M&P40, and a new CZ 457 target rifle. My relief on the arrival of 2021 was short lived when I ended up in the hospital for a week with a tube down my throat due to an unexplainable bacterial infection, It's got to get better.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I want to thank all you guys that stepped and did your duty. Alas I didn't purchase 1 gun in all of 2020. And at this point 2021 ain't looking any better that way.

Joe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts