Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
Seems to be both to me. Now, it wouldn't interest me because of the long barrel, but I can see where others would like it.

P.S. Don't expect this bunch to try to talk you out of it. :)

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
It's a pretty one. Had one just like it. That long tapered barrel balances nicely. Originally bought it for deer hunting. Later found a long barreled M57 so I traded it away for an old Winchester 92. I valued mine at $1100 -1200 and it had a presentation case.
That seems to be the going asking price but it doesn't hurt to offer a lower amount, especially since it doesn't have the wood case. I agree with Ussman's $950 price. The long barreled Smiths are generally slow sellers too. That will work in your favor. Good luck!

John

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
You're kidding right? I'd snap that right up in a heartbeat!

Reactions: jerrysalmon93

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
I think it's a fair price.
I have the exact one unfired by me with presentation case and all the docs and tools and I would ask more.
But I like long barrels and shiny firearms.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I slept on it and thought about it all morning...I‘ve decided against it. I don’t really care for nickel and I already have an 8 3/8 barrel Smith. I almost went to look at it, but knew I’d bring it home if I did that.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If it's a local ad, gooo look at it. You know you want it !!!! You'll kick yourself if it says SOLD and you didn't go look at it. Bring a pistol case with you so you can bring it home in.
Well, you were right! I decided this morning to go look at it. Pulled the ad up to get the number and it was marked SOLD!! Guess it wasn’t meant to be.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.