Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,371 Posts
Wow,
That is one awfully nice looking piece of history.
I just started collecting S&W revolvers and I can't wait to get my checkbook onto a K-22.
Everybody I know that loves guns has one, and they all say they'll never sell them or get rid of them. The other guns go first, the K-22's go to their children.
I sure hope to have one by at least the middle of next year, if not sooner.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I've seen the world's second latest 5 screw K22, and it is nearly as nice! kihfL

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
RdrBill said:
Sebago Son said:
258,000?

I thought you said 268,000.....

:D
Drew
You made me doubt myself. I went and checked gun again. It is still K 258,000 range. My one fleeting moment of fame and I am having to defend myself already. Has that old gun of yours, K 117, been refinished more than once??
Bill
Nope Bill, but I'm thinking about sending it down to Fords for a Brushed Nickle job.... how did they do with your ALMOST newest 5-screw?

;)

G

·
0 Posts
Bill,

That's allright. Prolly why I don't say much about having the first factory N-Frame with a LH extractor rod in my collection...

giz

·
Registered
256 Posts
Gizamo,
Did I ever tell you about my 1954 4" .44 spl with the LH ejector rod ? :lol:

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
RdrBill said:
Latest known to almost latest known in less than a day. Fame is a fleeting thing. It is now just an ordinary gun.
Bill
Well, they're all just ordinary guns anyhow! I mean, to who in the big picture does all these niche collector items matter too anyways? I have all these niche collector items in my safe, S&W, Winchester, Ruger, etc, but when I pass on, these things will mean nothing to whomever sells and buys them! Just another .22 S&W revolver, or .25-20 Winchester lever rifle, etc. I get to enjoy them and study them in the now, but when I close em up in the safe...big deal! The main thing that keeps me collecting is for the hedge against inflation, and the fact that I love em...otherwise I'd just spend my money on foolish things like perhaps booze, weemin, and gamblin! ;)

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
RdrBill said:
Latest known to almost latest known in less than a day. Fame is a fleeting thing. It is now just an ordinary gun.
Bill
Bill,

I was of course busting your chops.... your Crown (well at least this one) is safe for now... my newest 5-screw K-22 is 200 pieces older than yours.

I feel so bad now for ruining your day..... oja;n

So go ahead.... Crow Rooster, Crow!

:)

Su Amigo,

Drew

1 - 11 of 11 Posts