Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had this 64-3 for 6 or 7 years. Last year I decided to try my hand at polishing some internals and swapping springs. I didn’t do anything to my m64 since it has a nice trigger pull.
Well that was last year.
The stock trigger breaks at 10#. I polished my rebound slide & frame where it rides and installed a 14# rebound spring. Trigger now breaks at a very smooth 9.25# in double action. Need to get out-to function test but I expect it to be ok
Revolver Air gun Trigger Grey Gun barrel

Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel

·
Registered
30,012 Posts
Looks like you got the insides cleaned out really well. Glad everything is running smoother. Can't wait to try it out.

·
Registered
15,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks great. Did you have any parts left over : )
Not many! I use a small ziplock to bag and tag all original parts so I know where they came from. I also have a notebook with a page for each revolver. I document the stock trigger pull, notes on how trigger feels, what I did to it and what replacement parts were installed, then the final results. I have a Wolff standard power power rib mainspring to install in my M15-3 yet and a gritty trigger on my 10-7 that needs looked at.

·
Registered
10,108 Posts
Hey Jonesy,

Good job!

Fun times ahead!

Later, Mark

·
Registered
382 Posts
Nice ! What did you polish the outer parts with? I bought some Mothers polish a while back, meaning to shine up the outside of a Rossi 720 but I haven't done it yet. Any tips you have would be appreciated.

·
Registered
15,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Nice ! What did you polish the outer parts with? I bought some Mothers polish a while back, meaning to shine up the outside of a Rossi 720 but I haven't done it yet. Any tips you have would be appreciated.
Have not done anything to the exterior since shortly after I bought it 8 years ago. Back then I cleaned the gave it another "cleaning" with Mothers. I wasn't trying for a high polish finish, but more of a deep clean. Basically applied a bit of Mothers, then lightly buffed it off, all by hand. Remove the grips, cylinder thumbpiece and cylinder and do one small section at a time

1 - 8 of 8 Posts