Smith And Wesson Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
19,444 Posts
I am, kind of curious why you chose a Hyundai or Kia, a Korean car. I had a hard time getting Donna a Toyota Carolla, at first........now I absolutely love 'em! Though, they are too small for me! (Donna is only 5' nuthin'.) So, I started with a Tacoma Pick up.......now I have a RAV4. We both love our cars! Hers has all the electronic garbage and I hate that stuff!!! My RAV4 has some of it, but I won't buy a newer car......ever!!!! :mad: (Unless I drive over a cliff! :D Then...it won't matter anyway.)

I was 'won over' by the rave reviews that they always got, and their durability is awesome. Never had a problem with any Toyota, as long as you maintain them, and replace 'worn out' stuff. fovn;;pmoklgasilBRVO Bob

·
Registered
16,272 Posts
Well Guy, that is a real beauty and with everything it has should make your trips to Atlanta area really enjoyable. May it serve you well. And as far as all the "functions" it has you will always be learning something new.

·
Registered
10,247 Posts
Guy, I'm sure your new beauty has multiple ways to play Willie Nelson's "On the Road Again" song, point that baby west and come see us Arizonan's again when the weather is nice! No hot temps, no gnats, lot's of golf courses for you and we can shoot some guns! :)

·
Registered
391 Posts
I am, kind of curious why you chose a Hyundai or Kia, a Korean car.
I bought a Kia because I got a vehicle with many more features than a Honda or Toyota for at lease $4,000 less with a better warranty. I didn't need the better warranty because it never broke. It was also made in the USA. I traded it for a Honda CRV after 75.000+ miles when I found a slightly used one but I miss many of the features the Kia had that are not even available on a CRV. At least the CRV was made in Ohio. I looked at Toyota and they were even more than the Honda which were more expensive than the Kia.

·
Premium Member
18,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Hyundai had made a reputation for reliable, premium vehicles at a value price. Their Genesis luxury brand has an excellent reputation and features from Genesis have been incorporated into the Palisade. This car has Nappa leather seats, door trim and headliner; Harmon Kardon audio; LED lights that are VERY effective; heated and cooled front and 2nd row seats; USB power plugs everywhere; and two power moon roofs. Even with demand keeping prices near sticker, it is still thousands less than the competition. Thank you all for the kind words. I intend to enjoy it as much as possible. I'm looking forward to driving out to Tulsa next June for the S&WCA's 50th anniversary symposium. Maybe I'll see a bunch of y'all out there.

·
Premium Member
Model 27 and Model 19 (early builds)
3,479 Posts
Nice vehicle Guy

·
Super Moderator
19,238 Posts
Guy, that's a really nice ride! Maintenance will be expensive though.

If it has any of the new fancy automatic steering assists or lane departure stuff be prepared for a very expensive alignment. We just did an alignment on a 2019 Sante Fe that was loaded, and the alignment cost just short of $400. Each and every steering assist feature will have to be recalibrated and reprogrammed once an alignment is done. Without the recalibration, the car can become very dangerous, and has been known to override the drivers intentions.
Enjoy it, and travel in good health

21 - 34 of 34 Posts