·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and Cush's family is embracing it. kfjdrfirii

·
Super Moderator
10,855 Posts
Looks like you got about what we did. I took the rifle and headed out this morning hoping to come across a deer track but there was nothing out there but dog tracks. :evil: I know how I will be spending my winter weekends. I need to do some research on calls and such.

When I got home, I laughed out loud to see the sled tracks on the little hill beside the house. My daughter just had to give it a try. :mrgreen: We had a nice snowball fight after that.

·
Registered
10,918 Posts
Cush, I think yer nuts
But I understand kfjdrfirii

·
Super Moderator
8,955 Posts
That looks awesome!!! My kids can't wait until it snows, we bought them a snowman kit from the Christmas tree shop and they can't wait to build one!

·
Super Moderator
8,955 Posts
LOL Charlie, it has a top hat, scarf, buttons, a pipe and a carrot. All the things you need to make a snowman!!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Charlie said:
What's a "snowman kit"? Remember I live in South Central Texas and they don't stock them in stores around here. :lol: (Does it come with the snow??)
I'm afraid that the snow included in the kit wouldn't last very long down there Charlie. :mrgreen: We have used that snowman kit for 2 or 3 winters now. The boys always look forward to that first snowman. As for the fire pit, that is a source of great joy too. We always look forward to the first snowfall so we can really enjoy a fire and some marshmallows. We will occasionally have a fire during the other seasons, but in winter you can really relax and soak up the heat from the fire while enjoying the chill of the nights. I know that is something Mick just can't understand. kihfL

The boys just fell into bed...

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Well, it did snow last Friday. I personally counted 427 miniscule flakes! It lasted about 30 minutes. It snowed a little more to the South of us in San Antonio. Pretty much unheard of for this time of year, especially that far South. Friday nite it was 18* so we do enjoy those open pit fires out here in the sticks as long as the wind isn't blowing.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Charlie said:
Friday nite it was 18* so we do enjoy those open pit fires out here in the sticks as long as the wind isn't blowing.
That's funny, I don't think we've gotten as low as 18 yet. It's odd to think of Texas being colder than Maine. It will come though. We've got 3 or 4 more months of cold and snow.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I like snow. I like it where y'all can enjoy it. Down here it sucks! I had Snapdragons and Mums blooming until it snowed and the temps dropped down into the low 20s. I even had Roses blooming! The Bougainvilla and Geraniums are all wilted and the Daisys just folded and hid their pretty little heads. That damned fool cherry tree even had four blossoms. It never was too bright. Nope, I like snow. I like snow in Maine and New Hampshire and New York and Montana. Hell, that's why I moved down here. I like snow right where it's supposed to be. Up North.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Cush said:
...and Cush's family is embracing it. kfjdrfirii

Cush,

Love the photos. Love the snow too. Helps me see what's traveling out back of the house....found a fresh deer scrape in the snow near the horse barn, not 30 feet from the back deck!

Liightfoot

·
Super Moderator
32,471 Posts
Snow! I wish we got snow more often. I think the last time we had real snow was one April on Easter weekend.

·
Registered
19,775 Posts
This Monday it turned markedly colder, around here. Forecast says we're due for 2-5" snowfall tonightg. Changing to all rain tomorrow. That means ice for Thursday morning! j;zn; Oh well.......it had to start sometime. :roll: Bob

1 - 15 of 15 Posts