Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI everyone as you can tell allready I dont know how to use a computer. I am an old man (77) and need some help I don't know how to post photo's. so here we go. I bought a S&W 357 mag s/s 6' barrel serial # 39K0000 need help finding info on gun Age value has rubber grips It's in good condition Any help at all would be welcome

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
If you open the cylinder and look at the frame under the barrel, the Model number should be stamped there, which would help with identifying your gun and its possible value.

Reactions: Curt360

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HI everyone as you can tell allready I dont know how to use a computer. I am an old man (77) and need some help I don't know how to post photo's. so here we go. I bought a S&W 357 mag s/s 6' barrel serial # 39K0000 need help finding info on gun Age value has rubber grips It's in good condition Any help at all would be welcome
Greetings from the woods of New Hampshire 🌲
Thanks for the come back The mod is 66-1 just seems like the serial 0000 is strange

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
Thanks for the come back The mod is 66-1 just seems like the serial 0000 is strange
If it's near the Mod-1 stamp, the 0000 is an assembly number, not to do with the serial number. Sounds like you have a Model 66 and while rubber stocks were later offered in shorter barreled Model 66's, I don't think they were on 6" models and probably not in the years your gun was produced, but I'm not sure. There are more knowledgeable folks here to help you on that.

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
Thanks for all the come backs. I removed the grips and this every thing i can find mod 66-1 hand ejector, 39K0000 ctg 357 6" barrel, adjustable sights other under the grips 7438 48978 T in a circle, D in a triangle
I'm mistaken and apologize, that number seems to be the actual serial number on the frame. If you look on the butt end of the gun handle, is that same number stamped in there? If so, that's the serial number, but you have to have those stocks off the gun to see it.

·
Registered
29,964 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum! Congrats on obtaining a fine revolver.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.