Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
that I shoot hand cannons more accurately (both slow and rapid fire) than smaller calibers?
My 460V is the most accurate over the longest range, then the Pre 29- almost equal with full power loads.
Not that I'm particularly bad with my K and J frame guns, but the real tack drivers for me are boomers.
Been that way for a lot of years, so this isn't a new development.

Weird.
Anyone else notice something similar?

Registered
I experience the same thing and was talking to a friend and avid shooter friend of mine. I will shoot full on 357 far better than my wife's 22.

I started to pay attention more and realized that somewhere in my head I respected the heavier calibers and instinctively took a much firmer grip and tightened the muscles in my wrist and forearm more.

I never realized I was doing it until I really started to wonder why I seemed to shoot better with a 10mm say over a 9mm.

Even the muscles in my back seemed to prepare better for the shot. When I grabbed a 9 or 22 since I had no respect for the recoil I noticed everything was sloppier. I just picked them up and started shooting

On a follow up visit with a 9mm I decided to really think about all the basics and make sure grip and stance were identical to when I shoot blasters and lo and behold ... hole in hole.

I struggled to figure it out too! If I didn't start tearing it down I never would have figured it out because had you asked me I would have swore I was shooting all the guns the same but I wasnt. I was really giving a bias to the more stout rounds.

Still it's more fun shooting the blasters anyway 馃榿

Registered
Boriqua, I suggest you try some 147 gr. 9mm loads in a smaller pistol. They are quite a handful in my Ruger LC9s 9mm.! It's similar to a J frame M-37 shooting .38+P.!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts