Smith And Wesson Forums banner

What will happen with this panic? Multiple choice.

• Status quo - ride it out, it will pass soon enough

Votes: 43 82.7%
  • Complain mightily about business closures, overreaction.

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Outright rebellion and civil disobedience. Open the stores anyway.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Martial law - call out SWAT and the Guard to enforce closures

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,970 Posts
Government tells ya to stay home and away from crowds. That incentivizes people to buy more at the grocery store than they normally do so they don't have to return to a crowded store as soon as they normally would. Then government tells ya not to buy more than you normally do.

·
Registered
8,893 Posts
While I don’t worry about getting sick from this, I worry about people such as my father who is 91. He and others like him probably wouldn’t survive this illness. Yeah, I get it, we all have to die sometime right? I guess I just don’t want to be the one who delivers the virus to someone it ends up killing. Ride it out. Be considerate of others.
Same here my Mom is 94 and I don't want to deliver Grime Reaper to her.

·
Registered
8,893 Posts
Government tells ya to stay home and away from crowds. That incentivizes people to buy more at the grocery store than they normally do so they don't have to return to a crowded store as soon as they normally would. Then government tells ya not to buy more than you normally do.
But now some say people are hoarding CASH. Well if we are staying home we are going to spend less.:confused:

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Hard to spend cash while stuck in your home, unless you're getting pizza delivered.

In light of the thread suggesting banks could fail, hoarding cash isn't a bad thing.

·
Premium Member
5,970 Posts
But now some say people are hoarding CASH. Well if we are staying home we are going to spend less.:confused:
And... the feds say they are going to send "checks" to everyone. Now what is someone going to do with a check? They'll be countless millions of people crowding banks to either deposit the check or cash it. Hardly a virus avoiding exercise.

We haven't visited our banks since I can't remember. Paychecks are electronically transferred, we use online banking and credit cards for 99.9% of everything. A $20 bill might stay in my wallet for months. Besides, using cash is supposed to spread the virus even more. That said, we keep a stash of cash just in case. It's been there so long it might be original greenbacks. :D

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
For those who think it will be "status quo...ride it out":

Have you seen Democrat Governors and Mayors across the country are releasing thousands of prisoners and are not prosecuting cases or making arrests?

You think THAT element of society, with no jobs, food, etc., are NOT going to be a problem?

Guess again.......

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
For those who think it will be "status quo...ride it out":

Have you seen Democrat Governors and Mayors across the country are releasing thousands of prisoners and are not prosecuting cases or making arrests?

You think THAT element of society, with no jobs, food, etc., are NOT going to be a problem?

Guess again.......
Yea saw that this morning .. that is just the populous who have no impulse control and are accustomed to satisfying their needs or wanton desires through violence or some other underhanded method. Brilliant. lets unleash the criminals who have no support structure or means of subsisting on all the people staying at home while readily available goods are getting short.

How can that go wrong??

·
Registered
497 Posts
My sister and both my sons and their significant others all lost their jobs this week. We're Not in Kansas any more.

Since selling our house and moving to Knoxville, TN, into a small apt, most all my guns and ammo are in deep storage out of state. I kept 4 Glocks (two .45's and two 9mm) and my Mossberg Shockwave 12 ga with me. Picked up an extra 1000 rds of 9mm today for $219. at ShootPointBlank right after hearing the words "Martial Law" on a news broadcast today. Store was packed. I went shooting there yesterday and it wasn't busy at all. Guns were going fast and the pallet of 9mm cases was halved overnight.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Model 27 and Model 19 (early builds)
3,476 Posts
I am riding it out.

I am not scared of the China virus.

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Seems, I caught it. Indistinguishable from the flu.
Just gonna hang out at home.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I just got the call from my employer. Although our particular trade was on the list of "essential" industries not being shut down, our Governor, Herr Inslee, has issued additional "guidance" that has basically resulted in the owners of our shop shutting the doors.
So now I'm on a two week unpaid vacation. :(
Oh well, I was planning on taking some unpaid time anyway to ease the financial burden on the company and free up more money for paying the guys with young families and keeping them working.
I guess now I'll qualify for the slush fund... I mean Stimulus Package unemployment benefits that I wouldn't have qualified for just taking voluntary time off.
I figure I've paid unemployment taxes for 40 years and have only drawn unemployment once for a couple of months. I don't feel bad about getting a few bucks of that back.

·
Premium Member
Model 27 and Model 19 (early builds)
3,476 Posts

·
Registered
8,973 Posts
I just got the call from my employer. Although our particular trade was on the list of "essential" industries not being shut down, our Governor, Herr Inslee, has issued additional "guidance" that has basically resulted in the owners of our shop shutting the doors.
So now I'm on a two week unpaid vacation. :(
Oh well, I was planning on taking some unpaid time anyway to ease the financial burden on the company and free up more money for paying the guys with young families and keeping them working.
I guess now I'll qualify for the slush fund... I mean Stimulus Package unemployment benefits that I wouldn't have qualified for just taking voluntary time off.
I figure I've paid unemployment taxes for 40 years and have only drawn unemployment once for a couple of months. I don't feel bad about getting a few bucks of that back.
While I’m wired like you, it’s not a hand out, it’s a hand up mate. You’ve done yours, take it in good health, until this propaganda media driven bs has blown by. The Obama admin did less for the swine flu, and more for Ebola..

Thewelshm

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
It is frustrating. You should take a paid vacation.
Yeah, I would if I could. Unfortunately I've only been with the company for a year and a half.
At this point I only get one week paid vacation a year and I won't even be eligible to take that until after my next employment anniversary with the company in August.
Besides the shutdown is going to be a minimum of two weeks - and the way our governor has been operating I'll be surprised if it lasts less than a month. Like I said, I've paid into the UEI fund for 40 years, I think it is about time I got something out of it.

While I’m wired like you, it’s not a hand out, it’s a hand up mate. You’ve done yours, take it in good health, until this propaganda media driven bs has blown by. The Obama admin did less for the swine flu, and more for Ebola..

Thewelshm
At this point I don't even look at it as a "hand up". It is called Un-Employment INSURANCE, and I've been paying "premiums" (a.k.a. TAXES) into that program for 40 years. Now I am unemployed through no fault of my own, so it is about time I placed a claim on that insurance and got some benefit out of what I've been paying for all these years.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
My comapny canceld all PTO and Severance Pay. But if you are fuloughed, they will pay your medical benefits. If your pay due to reduced work hours is not sufficient to pay the medical, they will pay it and mumble mumbel something about a little something in the paycheck. Based upon my new schedule I estimate I will make about $49.80 before taxes. Healthcare (not a Cadillac plan) is $603 twice a month!!

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
May the Good Lord put His blessing on you and others in your home that the pestilence that comes in the dark will do you no harm!
You are in my prayers!
Thanks Okie. :)

21 - 37 of 37 Posts