Smith And Wesson Forums banner

What will happen with this panic? Multiple choice.

• Status quo - ride it out, it will pass soon enough

Votes: 43 82.7%
  • Complain mightily about business closures, overreaction.

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Outright rebellion and civil disobedience. Open the stores anyway.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Martial law - call out SWAT and the Guard to enforce closures

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
10,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you affected by the business shutdowns, I note The Welshman may have to lay off 80 folks at this rate, what do you think will happen down the road?

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
While I don’t worry about getting sick from this, I worry about people such as my father who is 91. He and others like him probably wouldn’t survive this illness. Yeah, I get it, we all have to die sometime right? I guess I just don’t want to be the one who delivers the virus to someone it ends up killing. Ride it out. Be considerate of others.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
While I don’t worry about getting sick from this, I worry about people such as my father who is 91. He and others like him probably wouldn’t survive this illness. Yeah, I get it, we all have to die sometime right? I guess I just don’t want to be the one who delivers the virus to someone it ends up killing. Ride it out. Be considerate of others.
We're not visiting my parents because of that. Phone calls and video calls. Like you, I'm not worried about the virus, I'm worried about the world turning into Lord of the Flies.

·
Registered
19,415 Posts
I do not care for the continuous news coverage of this problem. If it was caused by the Chinese.......it could serve as a distraction.....while they are up to no good!!!! The news media could be helping the Dems,in this time of crisis. Undoubtedly, there is much more happening in the world, while we are distracted by the Pandemic!!!! \' klmgzdo;Bob

·
Registered
887 Posts
Things are really taking a turn in the way we must deal with everyday life. The closings and self imposed social distancing caused major changes for most of us. Many folks are afraid, especially the young ones as the result of the media hype and life style alterations we are forced to make. The consensus is that we should be past this by late spring or summer as the virus does not thrive in the warmer temperatures as it does in the cold. We shall see.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Social distancing forces online and/or social media communication, which is inherently distorted. People who are rational and intelligent in person can be raving loonies online. When you can look into their eyes and read their body language, it helps keep people honest and rational.

·
Premium Member
5,970 Posts
I'm don't think anyone really knows how deep the economic wreckage will be. When Trump mentioned this could go through August that really spooked Wall Street. Spooked me too. Never seen anything like this. Who knows how bad supply chains will be broken. As known cases of corona increase with testing it seems like it will only deepen the panic and result in further shutdown. I'm far more concerned with the destruction of economies than I am of corona.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
I hate to use anything associated with Hillary but a reset button was just pushed on American business, industry, and society. Speaking frankly, most of you should have recognized it coming and prepared but you didn’t want to believe what you saw happening.
The consequences of what is happening is beyond my ability to predict but things ain’t gonna be like they used to be. That I’m sure of.
We won’t be reliant on China for necessary medical supplies in the future. Other important manufacturing will be brought back here. Borders will be closed up and the globalists just had their legs cut out from under them
The Deep State doesn’t like this, there will be problems....

·
Registered
60 Posts
The Deep State will use this as a means to gain total control. Once they are in total control, the pandemic will magically not be a serious thing anymore, the borders will open, trade resumes, and they will be seen as the saviors of the world.

·
Registered
19,415 Posts
Just remember.....we've been through many crisis' before......and came out OK!!!! This will be no different........unless we panic. Obama tried to introduce "The Global Economy".....but we ain't buyin' it! We intend to stay FREE AMERICANS!!!! And China can kiss our tush!!!! We have a new (sorta') enemy to fight in the future, it's CHINA!!!! They are not a trade partner.....we should STOP all trade with them, and keep them out of our country. They are stealing us blind, by hacking into our manufacturing, defense, and who knows what else!!!! They are THE ENEMY!!! No good reason to treat them otherwise. Bob

·
Premium Member
2,753 Posts
I'm don't think anyone really knows how deep the economic wreckage will be. When Trump mentioned this could go through August that really spooked Wall Street. Spooked me too. Never seen anything like this. Who knows how bad supply chains will be broken. As known cases of corona increase with testing it seems like it will only deepen the panic and result in further shutdown. I'm far more concerned with the destruction of economies than I am of corona.
Me too, my concern for the supply chain is the backlash it will experience from all of this panic buying/hording. After this crisis subsides, people will not be buying anymore of what they've already stockpiled to excess.

Manufacturers will be facing a slump in demand until people use up the 6 months to a year's worth of toilet paper, hand sanitizer, etc. I wonder what's going to happen to their employees or the business itself while the "glut" works it's way out of the system?

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
I think it’s a relatively small number doing the panic buying. It doesn’t take much to choke our “just in time” supply method. If only 10-20% of consumers panic buy and hoard, that’s probably enough to throw a monkey wrench in the works. The rest of us will keep it going when the panic subsides.

·
Super Moderator
10,816 Posts
I think it’s a relatively small number doing the panic buying. It doesn’t take much to choke our “just in time” supply method. If only 10-20% of consumers panic buy and hoard, that’s probably enough to throw a monkey wrench in the works. The rest of us will keep it going when the panic subsides.
In term of paper products supply, this is my assessment as well.

I’m not panicking but this is nothing make light of or think it’s all going to blow over. It’s gonna get much worse before it gets better. There will be craziness in the cities.

Life is going to be drastically different more the next 18 months. There will be a vaccine. We know that. Until then, keep your head on a swivel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
You have a greater statistical chance of being killed in Chicago, than catching the coronavirus. Assuming you would journey to Chicago or stand in a crowd of sneezing people.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts