Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess this is as good a place as any to ask this question.

Anyway, I'm getting ready to head out tomorrow for the Peach Orchard and I was getting together some firearms to haul out there. Whenever I go anywhere I always take along an M-1 Garand and my AR-15. Always, always always.

The handguns I always take are a S&W K-22, a Colt Woodman and, lately, one of my two Browning Buckmark .22 pistols. (Since I carry a Colt 1911A1, it goes without saying that it always rides with me.)

Shotgun - just one, a beat up, tried and true Stevens Model 774, 12 gauge pump.

I was wondering, as I got everything together, what y'all always, without fail, take along when you head out to the great out yonder?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I allus allus bring:
624 4"
34 4" & 2"
625-3 4"
old Rem 700 in .222
870 riot
Then other firearms to suit my tastes of the day, whether it be a rifle shooting day, or a revolver shooting day.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I take a Springfield Armory M1-A, Mossberg 590 12 gauge, a Smith K-22, a Mod. 19 or 66 and a Smith .45acp revolver and semi auto. Those are standard come alongs. Most times I will also add another caliber or three just for S&G.
Bob

G

·
0 Posts
Depends on the time of the year....tomorrow it'll be a .45 Cal Southern Mountain gun for a little porcupine huntin' up in the apple orchards. Prolly have that favorite little .32 Mag Birdseye Ruger along...

Deer Huntin' it's the Model 7 in .243...always. Prolly have that favorite little .32 Mag Birdseye Ruger along...

Everything else, prolly have that favorite little .32 Mag Birdseye Ruger along... :mrgreen:

giz

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
If I am camping where I can drive to the area. I take 44 mag and a 12 guage along with a 10-22 and how ever many 22 handguns I want to plink with. If I am fishing picking berries or taking a trip into a wildeness area I take a 44 mag.If I am hunting I take a model 600 350 mag.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
onenut58 said:
If I am camping where I can drive to the area. I take 44 mag and a 12 guage along with a 10-22 and how ever many 22 handguns I want to plink with. If I am fishing picking berries or taking a trip into a wildeness area I take a 44 mag.If I am hunting I take a model 600 350 mag.
I "2nd that motion" of taking a Rem 600 in .350 into the woods. Small like a 10-22 Ruger but packs a punch that will take down most critters in North America!

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
I've gotten to where I'm shooting my 03A3 more, but I also take along my M1 Carbine, its one of the CMP Inlands, and my SIG P225. 22's Walther KKJ, and my, new to me, model 18.

·
Registered
497 Posts
My 617 is always in the range bag. I always have my Henry .22 Golden boy and Winchester Wildcat. I always love shooting a .22.
Whatever else the son or stepson wants to shoot goes with us too.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
For a side arm I ALWAYS have a Glock G22 or a SIG220 on me depending on my mood and the potentiality of having to spew lotsa rounds....

For a BUG I ALWAYS have a S&W 640-1 Centennial Magnum within reach either on my ankle or in a pocket somewhere.

For plinking, I usually have an Advantage Arms .22 Conversion kit for my G22 and a brick of the Winchester X22 which it likes.

For a rifle, it's a Bushmaster XM-15 Collapsible Carbine with an 3 MOA Ultra Dot and Surefire Light, but I have to say that the more I work with the SOCOM 16, the better I like it. The day could come that it is my Grab-N-Go Gun.

Shotgun? A Remington 870 of varying configuration depending upon my intent / treat level.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Always a Garand and at least two bandoleers, the 1911A1 I built( MkIV,Series70 upper on a Essex SS Frame), My 28, sometimes either my 10-22 or my Supermatic Trophy. once in a while either my 45Colt Blackhawk or my SBH.

·
Super Moderator
32,513 Posts
I always take my SKS with one of the gun belt/pouch combinations that were often carried fully loaded. I like my M-1, but it is a bit long and heavy for carrying a lot for me. Two revolvers. Ruger GP100 and S & W model 17.

·
Registered
19,777 Posts
Walkabout........what's this Crocodile Dundee, now????? :lol: Bob

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
It depends on where I am going, but: Always a Glock 32, and a S&W 357, a Mini-14 and if a shotgun is appropriate an Ithaca 37 Deerslayer.

A 629 Mountain Mag goes with me on strictly woodsy outings along with some of the already mentioned.

Used to be: trips to Miami (AKA Dodge City), a folding stock Mossburg 500, an M-1Carbine with a paratrooper stock, A 1911 carried inside the pants holster, a J-frame 38 in an ankle holster, a OMC 380 Back-Up in a wallet holster, a - well, maybe I'm just kidding. - Then again back in 80's there was a street joke in Miami: What do you call someone in Miami who isn't armed? - The answer was "A victim!"

Hank

·
Registered
19,777 Posts
When I go to the range, I usually take only one of rifles, shotguns, or revolvers. I do have my M-36 strapped on, but usually, not for shooting. I usually stay about an hour. Then, go home to clean my gun. Afterwards....I take my morning walk. Being retired.....that "shoots " most of the morning for me. ;)

Usually, I go during the week, when I have everything to myself, and I can do whatever I want!!!! kfjdrfirii Bob

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Always? A Rohrbaugh R9, a Glock 26, a S&W 337, or a KT P3AT--more or less in that order.

Other bigger or longer things as appropriate...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts