Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any popular ammunition available anywhere on the planet? I need 380 ACP FMJ brass casing. Thank God I got stocked up on 9mm, 38 Special, 45 and 357. Hell, did they stop making it? I have searched every place I know of.

·
Registered
10,884 Posts
I guess you may have the latest news showing last month is now the record for the number of NICS B/G checks, meaning millions of guns were sold, and thus the ammo has also been purchased. Amazing what panic, covid labor shortages and political unrest can do to drive demand through the roof.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Is there any popular ammunition available anywhere on the planet? I need 380 ACP FMJ brass casing. Thank God I got stocked up on 9mm, 38 Special, 45 and 357. Hell, did they stop making it? I have searched every place I know of.
Everglades reloading seems to have it. They also ship free.

·
Registered
13,017 Posts
I have enough and enough 'makings'. to last me the rest of my life. I couldn't use it all if I tried.

·
Super Moderator
19,331 Posts
Last count was 5.7 million guns purchased since March 1st. Figure every new gun go 2 boxes of ammo. That' 11.4 million boxes of ammo sold. Consider thaty 1/2 of them are panic purchases, there is no way any ammo manufacturer can feed the need at the present time. Itll take aty least 6 months for the supply chain to open back up. And hopefully in about a year, the market will be flooded by those that bought the gun in fear, and they'll begin selling them off cheaply.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have 6,700 rounds of 9mm, 38 special, 45 ACP and 357 Mag. Picked up the S&W Bodyguard, no 380 ammo.

·
Registered
734 Posts
One of my friends just bought a P238 and she is facing the same problem. She only had a .22lr pistol and was more than ready to step up. She rented a lot of guns, both 9mm and .380, and then shot my P238 and fell in love! So far there have been one or two boxes of .380 in one or more of the local stores, but for sure not enough for several range trips to get comfortable with her new gun! I still have some but she understands that I really can't share a bunch with no replacement supplies in sight. It's ROUGH.

·
Registered
13,017 Posts
Where is all the ammo? Easy answer. A lot of it is in 50 cal ammo cans in my powder and storage room. (y)

Reactions: ActiveShooter

·
Registered
13,017 Posts
I have 6,700 rounds of 9mm, 38 special, 45 ACP and 357 Mag. Picked up the S&W Bodyguard, no 380 ammo.
[/QUOTEI wouldn't be broadcasting that on a public forum. One never knows who is reading your comments or who might be dropping by your place with a badge.

Reactions: Sportymonk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Its shortages all over the country based on the number of background checks and gun purchases.....Here in South Central PA is hit and miss if you get in when a shipment arrives...my local Mom and Pop store cant get enough in as they are competing with the box stores (Cabelas, Bass Pro, Sportsman Warehouse etc) for both firearms and ammo. Every time I pass one I check to see what is on the shelf for 380 ACP, 9mm, 5.56/223. Its all gone as soon as it hits the shelf these days......with the current social environment

·
Registered
222 Posts
You just have to keep looking, persevere, etc. My local gun shops are all out of 9mm so I have been searching on Gunbroker. A few days ago, I was able to buy 300 rds of 115 gr FMJ 9mm at a decent price. I have a few boxes of the "good stuff" so this will be my plinking/match ammo. Then, yesterday, I wandered into one of the local stores and spotted a 250 rd box of the 115 Remington 9mm, again for a pretty reasonable price.

·
Super Moderator
32,143 Posts
Its shortages all over the country based on the number of background checks and gun purchases.....Here in South Central PA is hit and miss if you get in when a shipment arrives...my local Mom and Pop store cant get enough in as they are competing with the box stores (Cabelas, Bass Pro, Sportsman Warehouse etc) for both firearms and ammo. Every time I pass one I check to see what is on the shelf for 380 ACP, 9mm, 5.56/223. Its all gone as soon as it hits the shelf these days......with the current social environment
That is what we have seen here locally. My husband will do a search online from time to time just to check bulk ammo and check out a few of the sites and how many of them if you hunt for .38 Special and 9mm it shows Out of Stock, No backorder, and typically with a comment of no idea when more will be in. They don't even have the cheap foreign brands like Tula and Wolf.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
The China Virus shut down most all the plants . Only skeleton crews at various ammo plants to produce Military and LEO contract orders only. . Civilian side of Ammo almost completely shut down. Gun Buying spree has caused shelves to dry up. Its going to take a long while to get everything back up to speed.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts