Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today is the first day of Fall. Pretty soon it will be sweater weather and I can carry my favorite N-Frame, a 5" Heavy Duty.:cool:
I have several loads of +P ammo but I really want some +P+ stuff. I googled it and most just mention +P. I obviously can't locate any .38/.44 stuff, so who makes the best +P+ stuff?
Jim

Registered
Underwood Keith hard nose is an exact match for .38-44. It's a handful in my prewar HD and shoots POA. 1150 fps out of a 5"

38 Special +P 158 Grain Hard Cast Keith

Sold out, of course. 馃ぅ

Registered
+P+ is not a SAAMI load so There is no "standard" for that designation. Look for a load that is higher than +P and below .357

Registered
Today is the first day of Fall. Pretty soon it will be sweater weather and I can carry my favorite N-Frame, a 5" Heavy Duty.:cool:
I have several loads of +P ammo but I really want some +P+ stuff. I googled it and most just mention +P. I obviously can't locate any .38/.44 stuff, so who makes the best +P+ stuff?
Jim
If you feel your "really need it" Just get some BB 38 +P. It is More than sufficient!

Registered

Registered
You could always load your own

Registered
I'm not so sure that +P+ is actually a thing anymore. Like mentioned above, it's not a SAAMI spec. If I were looking for that kind of ammo, I'd check out Buffalo Bore, or go with a 110 gr. 357 magnum mid-level load like the Winchester Silvertip.

Registered

Premium Member
One of the reasons I'm a fan of the .38Super, Smith makes moonclips for recessed cylinders. FWIW, N105 125gr XTP (.357 caliber) 1491fps/5"...six months later (cooler weather) 1486fps, under max load data... 357mag bullet at 357mag velocities. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts