Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In podunk land, where we live, not a lot of places to buy ammo.

I have no interest in driving thirty odd miles to Wally world, hoping for scraps left by ammo hoarders and the like.

Also, looking for sources of American made .22 mag ammo of quality. And, some .22 LR. Looking to buy various calibers, including

.38 spl, .357, .44 spl, .44 mag, 9 mm, .45 auto. Rifle in .223, 30.06, 7.62x 39.

.327 federal mag and 9x18 mak would be nice.

Quality reloads are fine. Better quality brass works, as I will be reloading it.

Anxiously awaiting your responses...

Mother Hubbard

·
Registered
8,945 Posts
did you try midwayusa.com? also natchezss.com. both are companies I've purchase from with no problems. sometimes they have good sales and lower prices than my LGS.

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,250 Posts
I've been recently buying from Selway Armory. They're located in Missoula, Montana, so the shipping costs to me here in Idaho are quite reasonable. I just bought a couple boxes of .500 S&W ammo at the lowest prices I could find anywhere, even even beating local prices after the shipping was added in. Missoula is close enough that I'm still supporting local area suppliers.

Dart,
How much 22 Magnum ammo are you looking to buy? I've got a bunch of it. We can play let's make a deal.
22LR is a lost cause out here, unless I can manage to catch soem at Wally World or Cabela's. And that's pretty rare.
Blacksheep has some American Eagle 22LR ammo, but they're only selling 2-50 round boxes at a time. Price: $3.49/50. I passed on it.

Regards,
Gregory

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You folks gave me some great ideas. Especially ammo seek, which I had no idea it existed. Natchezss looks good too.

About the only .22 I have seen here was a half brick I bought some months back. I saw Super Colibri's at Sportsman 's last week, but I bought a brick last year and they are more of a pest round ( monster bugs) and only useful in a .22 revolver.

Gregory, I might take you up on your offer. I have a PMR-30 coming from Idaho next week. I am thinking it may want some rounds through it. I will send a PM when a cash infusion arrives. I am good for the moment on .22 mag.

I still have boxes unopened from the move here last year, and finding ammo I did not think I had. When I saw stuff on the shelf, I would buy a box or two for my heroin stash.

I have been doing drywall patching, painting and some rewiring for my welder in a detached garage on our place. I have my reloading bench on one end and workbench on the other. I can heat the room and keep it reasonably secure. It is a big step up from the garage shared with bike, car and stuff. I got good lighting set up, piping for compressed air at my bench and out to a hose reel in the garage, frost proof hose bib installed just outside. A nice view from the window. I have reloaded nothing for maybe 20 months, as my spare time was either spent house hunting, getting the old house on the market and all my reloading stuff was up here while I was still down in Arizona.

I was working in the pole barn before. Only the ceiling is insulated and when it never got over 22 for ten days, like working in a freezer. This will be Nirvana.

Looking to rent a Cat or smaller tracked dozer type vehicle shortly, to begin clearing stuff for fencing. I want to construct a small excavated area into the slope for a shooting range. House and garage need to be restained. Looks like a summer 'O fun.

But I plan on torture-testing that Kel-tec first! And they are coming out this year with a rifle which uses the same mags.

·
Registered
19,448 Posts
About the cheapest that I can do is Walmart or Dick's. Ammo Dealers will not ship to Mass.!!!! There are laws to prevent getting ammo thru the mail. Bob

·
Registered
237 Posts
AIM surplus for your rifle calibers and 9x18. Pretty sweet deals when they have the free shipping specials. Picked up a 900 round can of Denex 5.56mm (Denmark) and just recently 1000 rounds of Carl Gustaf 5.56mm (Swiss) with free shipping. 9x18 is giveaway at less than $9 a box when available.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts