Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23,200 Posts
Billboards, highways, city council, local TV station... ain't got any of them & that explains why we don't worry about it. Of course since there's also no welfare office, democratic headquarters, or gov't offices that may help too. No one around here cares what color your skin is, what your name is or where you came from as long as you can afford to feed yourself. Folks give each other a hand when needed but those looking for freebies are in for some lean times.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Billboards, highways, city council, local TV station... ain't got any of them & that explains why we don't worry about it. Of course since there's also no welfare office, democratic headquarters, or gov't offices that may help too. No one around here cares what color your skin is, what your name is or where you came from as long as you can afford to feed yourself. Folks give each other a hand when needed but those looking for freebies are in for some lean times.
That describes our town exactly. Small towns can't supply all the freebies that the larger cities do, and it's not a safe environment for the freeloaders.

·
Registered
23,200 Posts
That describes our town exactly. Small towns can't supply all the freebies that the larger cities do, and it's not a safe environment for the freeloaders.
Yep, the bigger the town the more gov't workers on the payroll trying to justify their existence but when somebody really needs help it isn't there (note BC2's recent post re: his son & the abused women he helped).

·
Registered
11,790 Posts
Fortunately our little town of 3,800 is too small, too far out of the way and has too few resources for us to have to worry about this right now but I feel sorry for the towns that do get picked. They will cease to exist, at least in the sense of what they had been, and they'll become a "little somalia", or burqaville. I have no problem with immigrants, at least the way they used to be. I had at least 4 classmates (that I know of) with at least 1 parent that was an immigrant. One of them owned a dry cleaners, and another a restaurant. My barber went by Pat but was really named Pasquale. All of the immigrants and first generation Americans in our small town followed the rules, worked hard and contributed to our small community and became part of it. What the government has planned is a whole different animal. Imagine a small city of 15,000 when 1000 refugees are plopped down taking up all available housing and flowing into temporary gov't housing on the outskirts of town. They dont, speak english and they dont have jobs. They overburden the already crowded school system, but they arent paying any taxes to compensate. The only bright side is there are now a few jobs due to the new Gov't housing project. In preparation for those units to open the temporary trailer park is enlarged and another 600 of them are bussed in. Once the new housing opens up the government brings in more who need housing and BINGO!. There sits your temporary trailer park and the next thing you know here come another 1000, but there is now more housing available since the towns original inhabitants are now beginning to flee their once peaceful and safe town. . . . . . .

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fortunately our little town of 3,800 is too small, too far out of the way and has too few resources for us to have to worry about this right now but I feel sorry for the towns that do get picked. They will cease to exist, at least in the sense of what they had been, and they'll become a "little somalia", or burqaville. I have no problem with immigrants, at least the way they used to be. I had at least 4 classmates (that I know of) with at least 1 parent that was an immigrant. One of them owned a dry cleaners, and another a restaurant. My barber went by Pat but was really named Pasquale. All of the immigrants and first generation Americans in our small town followed the rules, worked hard and contributed to our small community and became part of it. What the government has planned is a whole different animal. Imagine a small city of 15,000 when 1000 refugees are plopped down taking up all available housing and flowing into temporary gov't housing on the outskirts of town. They dont, speak english and they dont have jobs. They overburden the already crowded school system, but they arent paying any taxes to compensate. The only bright side is there are now a few jobs due to the new Gov't housing project. In preparation for those units to open the temporary trailer park is enlarged and another 600 of them are bussed in. Once the new housing opens up the government brings in more who need housing and BINGO!. There sits your temporary trailer park and the next thing you know here come another 1000, but there is now more housing available since the towns original inhabitants are now beginning to flee their once peaceful and safe town. . . . . . .
Amen! There IS "an agenda". Unfortunately, the working/taxpaying citizen will not be the beneficiary.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts