Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I've been looking for a leather IWB holster for my 642 CT that would not effect the laser itself. I have seen a lot of holsters that goe over the laser but I was wondering if that would effect the laser since there was direct pressure on it then or if it would be okay the way it was. I have also seen some that don't touch the laser at all or are custom molded out of kydex to account for the laser.

I would love your thoughts on this.

Thanks in advance! Looking forward to exploring the forum!

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Welcome. I don't use leather IWB gear, it's too thick for my liking. I do use a Zorn holster and Aliengear products. They are either full kydex or hybrid kydex/foam. I like them because they stay rigid inside my belt for ease of reholstering. I don't know why the leather would hurt the laser. A quick email to the manufacturer would shed more positive light on that question.

·
Super Moderator
10,894 Posts
I use a Remora IWB. It comes with or without a clip. I use the clipless version. It has a grippy feeling texture that helps it stay put. Even while spending the day thrashing through the woods, it stays in place.

·
Super Moderator
19,462 Posts
Alien Gear for me.
Having the plant just a few miles from here, and quite a few friends working there, also increases my desire to buy and use their products daily.

·
Registered
10,203 Posts
I like my Vedder Comfort Tuck. Leather and kydex hybrid. I like the feel of leather - and not some sort of plastic or neoprene concoction.

Strongly suggest you consider kydex or something with a spring steel reinforced opening so you can re-holster without fumbling. Fumbling the re-holster has been known to get a guy shot, by his own hand.

Reactions: Ratzo

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you guys for the recommendations! I have never heard of some of these and have enjoyed researching them. I think I have decided on a Talon off center clip IWB with a re-enforced opening. I'll let you guys know what I think about. Thanks again everyone!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts