Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
4,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a picture to ponder. Call it a riflemans quiz if you will.
What do I need to complete the set?

I'm sure the learned ones here will spot the missing item! 😉

John

· Registered
12,062 Posts

· Registered
4,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope and nope. Here's a hint. The missing cartridge shares the same parent case as the other four.

John

· Registered
12,062 Posts
35-30?

Reactions: timetripper

· Registered
12,062 Posts
375 Win?

· Registered
12,062 Posts
30-30....32-40.....38-55.....32HPS....

I'm a strugglin' wif #5??

Don't ya'll be a tellin' me....Let them other fine Forum Members rack they brains out...too! LOL

· Registered
4,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bingo, we have a winner!
25-35 is the correct answer. The line up in the picture, from left to right, are 30-30, 32-40, 32 Special and 38-55. Not a whole lot of difference between the 30-30 and 32 Special, is there Hawg! :D
The two in the picture are both loaded with 170 gr bullets, but of different diameters.
Just bought a model 94 today chambered for the 32 Special. I'll post about it in the rifle subforum later. I now have a 94 in the four cartridges pictured and only need one in 25-35 to fill out the hand.

John

· Registered
4,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Ya know Mark, I'd like to find an old Win 94 that was rechambered to the 35-30/30. A friend has a Martini Cadet chambered for it and it is a fine little rig. A good shooter too.

John

· Registered
12,062 Posts
Hey Time,

Al Springer does a good job as does JES in winding on a .35 tube or boring....

You had me...25-35 or 25-36 would not have crossed my pea brain.... :LOL:

Another "modern" winner is the 30-30 AI.

Later, Mark

· Registered
4,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hawg, in all fairness, the 32 Special in my line up is the only factory cartridge. And it has one helluva factory crimp. Perhaps the neck looks shorter because of it.

John

· Registered
4,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Never chambered in the 94 Win, Diablo. But I do have three single shot rifles in it... trapdoor, 1885 high wall, and a roller. Had a nice light Uberti Sporter chambered for 45-70 too. Took a walk on the wild side and loaded up some dreadfully heavy loads for it... once I say. After a couple shots I decided to pull the bullets and load them back to trapdoor loads. I'm a wimp!
But my shoulder quit hurting soon after! :D

John

· Registered
411 Posts
Never chambered in the 94 Win, Diablo. But I do have three single shot rifles in it... trapdoor, 1885 high wall, and a roller. Had a nice light Uberti Sporter chambered for 45-70 too. Took a walk on the wild side and loaded up some dreadfully heavy loads for it... once I say. After a couple shots I decided to pull the bullets and load them back to trapdoor loads. I'm a wimp!
But my shoulder quit hurting soon after! :D

John
My gunsmith had a Siamese Mauser in 45-70 and he loaded up some hellatious loads for it. I'm not recoil sensitive but holy mama that thing kicked. A .577 T Rex might kick as hard.....MIGHT!!! I know y'all have all seen that video. :ROFLMAO:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.