Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a picture to ponder. Call it a riflemans quiz if you will.
What do I need to complete the set?

I'm sure the learned ones here will spot the missing item! 😉

John

·
Registered
573 Posts
38-55 Win. maybe. memtb

·
Registered
10,509 Posts

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope and nope. Here's a hint. The missing cartridge shares the same parent case as the other four.

John

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
35-30?

Reactions: timetripper

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
375 Win?

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope and nope again Mark. Here's another hint, all five were available in the early Model 94 Winchester.

John

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
30-30....32-40.....38-55.....32HPS....

I'm a strugglin' wif #5??

Don't ya'll be a tellin' me....Let them other fine Forum Members rack they brains out...too! LOL

·
Registered
304 Posts
25-35 is my guess but none of them look like a .32 Winchester Special either.

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bingo, we have a winner!
25-35 is the correct answer. The line up in the picture, from left to right, are 30-30, 32-40, 32 Special and 38-55. Not a whole lot of difference between the 30-30 and 32 Special, is there Hawg! :D
The two in the picture are both loaded with 170 gr bullets, but of different diameters.
Just bought a model 94 today chambered for the 32 Special. I'll post about it in the rifle subforum later. I now have a 94 in the four cartridges pictured and only need one in 25-35 to fill out the hand.

John

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Ya know Mark, I'd like to find an old Win 94 that was rechambered to the 35-30/30. A friend has a Martini Cadet chambered for it and it is a fine little rig. A good shooter too.

John

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
Hey Time,

Al Springer does a good job as does JES in winding on a .35 tube or boring....

You had me...25-35 or 25-36 would not have crossed my pea brain.... :LOL:

Another "modern" winner is the 30-30 AI.

Later, Mark

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hawg, in all fairness, the 32 Special in my line up is the only factory cartridge. And it has one helluva factory crimp. Perhaps the neck looks shorter because of it.

John

·
Registered
304 Posts
Hawg, in all fairness, the 32 Special in my line up is the only factory cartridge. And it has one helluva factory crimp. Perhaps the neck looks shorter because of it.

John
That could very well be it.

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Never chambered in the 94 Win, Diablo. But I do have three single shot rifles in it... trapdoor, 1885 high wall, and a roller. Had a nice light Uberti Sporter chambered for 45-70 too. Took a walk on the wild side and loaded up some dreadfully heavy loads for it... once I say. After a couple shots I decided to pull the bullets and load them back to trapdoor loads. I'm a wimp!
But my shoulder quit hurting soon after! :D

John

Reactions: BonitaBob

·
Registered
304 Posts
Never chambered in the 94 Win, Diablo. But I do have three single shot rifles in it... trapdoor, 1885 high wall, and a roller. Had a nice light Uberti Sporter chambered for 45-70 too. Took a walk on the wild side and loaded up some dreadfully heavy loads for it... once I say. After a couple shots I decided to pull the bullets and load them back to trapdoor loads. I'm a wimp!
But my shoulder quit hurting soon after! :D

John
My gunsmith had a Siamese Mauser in 45-70 and he loaded up some hellatious loads for it. I'm not recoil sensitive but holy mama that thing kicked. A .577 T Rex might kick as hard.....MIGHT!!! I know y'all have all seen that video. :ROFLMAO:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts