Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....know someone willing to give $100 for this: wood finger grooved S&W factory N frame RB new take-offs.

Is this a decent price for both sides?

·
Registered
37 Posts
guess it dfepends on what you mean by new. If you mean off of a current production brand new gun, I think the current wood grips they are shipping are worth less than that. If you mean new old production combat finger grooves, say from the 80s and early 90s, then they are worth much more than that. really need pictures to tell which ones you are talking about.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Those are current production Ahrens....

I pass on them in Junk Boxes if they're over $30.

Drew

·
Registered
19,776 Posts
Not being a collector, I like those Ahrens grips! ;) Collectors are a quirky bunch, who value all things S&W higher than they are worth. (But, they want to buy them for as little as possible.) In fact, if you (or anybody else) have a pair like those Ahrens ......I will buy them for $30!!! They'd look great on the old M-67 SB. ;) In fact, I'll swap some gorgeous rosewood K Targets, for them. Bob

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the comments gents....
I have made a mistake....

I've been looking at

while thinking of the one shown above.

I even went and examined my N frames....who would have thought it's possible to become confused kubvcabo so easily....

·
Registered
495 Posts
Hello
The Pictured Grip's you show are current & The Makers name is Correctly Pronounced "Ahrends". Here is his Current retail Prices, and a Link to his Web site. We all Make mistakes. :D The second picture shown is Older style Factory Combat Grips and they do average $100.00 or More lately, in the market Place. I hope this helps, Hammerdown

http://ahrendsgripsusa.com/retro.htm

Wood S&W Revolver Grips (all styles & sizes)........................................................................ ..................$60
Polished Dymondwood and Kingwood Revolver Grips......................................................... ..................$72

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I've decided to replace the Ahrends with a proper Hogue for RB. This Ahrend model bites my thumb in the wrong place. The old style factory combat fits my hand much better.

Anyone have a spare Hogue for N-frame RB they want to sell?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
m657 said:
Thanks for the comments gents....
I have made a mistake....

I've been looking at

while thinking of the one shown above.

I even went and examined my N frames....who would have thought it's possible to become confused kubvcabo so easily....
It is sacrilegious to put vintage combats on a gun with a hole in the side, and cast metal parts!
Also, if you can score a set of these for $125 or under, you are doing good!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts