Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

Last weekend I scored a model 29-2 at the local sporting goods store and have looked several places online for a chart of some sort to determine the vintage but have been unsuccessful thus far. It is a 4” nickel plated model in fantastic shape and I look forward to shooting it. The serial number is N455006. Unfortunately, there was no display case included nor the cleaning kit I’ve read came with from the factory. Would eBay be a decent source for these things?

·
Registered
23,435 Posts
It left the factory 1977-78

·
Registered
14,484 Posts
Hello all!

Last weekend I scored a model 29-2 at the local sporting goods store and have looked several places online for a chart of some sort to determine the vintage but have been unsuccessful thus far. It is a 4” nickel plated model in fantastic shape and I look forward to shooting it. The serial number is N455006. Unfortunately, there was no display case included nor the cleaning kit I’ve read came with from the factory. Would eBay be a decent source for these things?
The Standard Catalog of S&W is the go to source book for S&W info

·
Premium Member
19,958 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! How about some pictures? Yes, you can find boxes, tools and accessories on eBay.

·
Premium Member
19,958 Posts
Those grips are awesome!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Those grips are awesome!
I sure thought so! They appear to be original as I have seen several others online in nickel with this coloration of wood (I could certainly be wrong here.) I have a rubber Hogue on order so I don’t damage these ones when out and about. This sidearm will be accompanying me on future elk hunts.

·
Super Moderator
34,439 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Fine looking model 29!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts