Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hgapngpa In the hyopothetical world....
If you could make any trade you that you could think of that would suit your desire to get a specific gun, what would you trade off, and what you you get in exchange?

The trade would need to be even in final value, with both parties being satisfied that they got a fair deal. If one is worth more than the other, the difference would be paid in cash to balance the deal. You can trade more than one of your guns to get another, but you can't trade one of yours to get more than one from the other party.
You can post pictures so we can see what your trading or wanting.
Remember this is hypothetical.

My perfect trade would probably be my Marlin Golden 39A and my Model 629 4" for a 30-40 Krag in good condition that I would be able to use as my primary Elk hunting rifle.

·
Registered
10,921 Posts
Odd as it might sound, I am very pleased with every firearm I own. I don't think I would even trade off any of Barb's :lol:

·
Registered
110 Posts
I would trade my Winchester 1895 in .30-40 Krag for a 4" blued Colt Python in "shooter" condition.

·
Registered
19,792 Posts
I would trade my 95%+ M-67 4" for a similar M-686, or possibly a Ruger DA .357. I would like to be able to shoot .357 in my woods carry gun. I have a M-66-1 2 1/2" in 99% + that I don't like to carry much......just too nice!!! ;) Bob

·
Registered
429 Posts
I'm like Mick...

I have a themed 44 mag collection and I have for a very long time wanted a 629 Classic Magnum 7.5" bbl, recessed, unfluted. I have the brother as 29 Classic Magnum II 7.5", recessed, unfluted. Each had limited runs of 750.

I had seen the 629 on gungbroker recently and the reserve was never met on a couple offerings almost up to $900. Well I'm not in position currently to fork out the 900.

So I was thinking on offering my 629 Master Hunter, which at time of purchase around this figure. Then I figured Naaaa, I would be trading the 100th Master Hunter made out of 100 to a one of 750. So I didn't go for it.

Still want the 629 Classic Magnum pretty bad. I'm starting a fund to get it if see it again.

Want it's brother!

Not willing to give this up for it.

Dave

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I would trade my 29-3 Classic Hunter 6" for either a 41 Mag or 610 Revolver with 6" barrel for Hunting NH. fovn;;pmo

·
Registered
19,792 Posts
I thought that the S&W was made by STAG. But....I could be wrong. :roll: Bob

·
Registered
668 Posts
Recently traded a lightly used New Vaquero 45LC for an older Combat Commander, straight across .....one of my all time favor autos!

Recently traded a really nice 14-3 plus $ for a barely fired 3" 629!!!

These represented a pretty good trade IMHO for what each party was after.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I traded a 1944 Saginaw M1 carbine straight up for a mint 1946 "Faz" Lee-Enfield Jungle carbine.
The M1 carbine was a "Blue Sky" import that had been reparked in a light grey color that I never really cared for. It was a good shooter but after I received my 44 Inland carbine from the CMP it never left the safe.
My friend who owns a gun shop received a Jungle Carbine in a trade and when he offered it to me a deal was struck.
We were both happy with the deal. kfjdrfirii

I am happy with most of the firearms that I have aquired over the years and rarely do any trading.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I would consider a trade for a S&W Mountain Gun in .45 Colt for my .44 magnum Mountain Gun. I would definately have to be a face-to-face and I'm not sure I'd let the wood grips go with it (I still have the original Hogues).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts