Smith And Wesson Forums banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,892 Posts
My first was Model 581 bought from drunk neighbor 1990's and carried it with me when drove OTR . I quit truck driving and went to work for Home Depot and went broke . I sold the gun to a pawn shop and felt bad when sober neighbor asked to buy it back . I was gun dumb back then 581's are hard to find now in good shape.

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
Model 15(-2 I think) issued 1-JAN-69. Carried until '72. Had to leave it behind.

Reactions: Mjh

·
Registered
624 Posts
A model 457 back around 1996-1997. Still have it and it still shoots great. I just don't carry it much anymore.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Around 1975-76: M-57, 8 3/8th’s bbl. Purchased for handgun hunting to replace the 6” bbl Colt Python I had been using.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
The first S&W I fired was a 32-20, owned by my Pop. I was 8 or 9. It had a butchered barrel, just in front of the lug and a piece of HO track soldered on for a front sight. Not a very accurate system. I still have it but rebarreled it with a 6 1/2” barrel.

The first S&W I purchased? It may have been a Model 17-? that I traded something for. Or maybe a Model 14-?. Both are long gone, traded for other revolvers.

Kevin

·
Registered
3 Posts
My first handgun was a S&W Model 19-3, nickel plated for corrosion resistance, 6" barrel, purchased new in 1973 when I turned 21. I still have it and it is mint in box with tools and paperwork. My second was a Belgian Browning Hi-Power which I have also owned, since new, for 48 years and is the only semiautomatic to never experience a malfunction of any kind over thousands of rounds fired.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Mine was a Model 10 snubbie: blued, 2-inch barrel, and square butt, given to me in 1980 when I was 19. He bought it brand new in 1968.
It was 1970, I was 17 and bought a 4” Model 28. Thanks to the ‘68 Gun Control Act, my mother had to sign for me! Within a couple of years, it started my path into casting bullets. Possibly the slickest action of any of my Smith’s! memtb

·
Registered
8 Posts
Model 669. It's an older 2nd gen compact 9mm
How well do those shoot? When they were being made, I didn't care for the lines and didn't buy one. At the time I wasn't the fan of SW that I am today.

I cannot get enough of my Smiths now. I started with a 10-8 I bought on a lark, and was astonded by how much better I shoot with a revolver, though I also adore the new M+P 2.0s.

The MP 2.0 is like someone took a glock and fixed it.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Mine was a model 10. I replaced it with 15 that I still have. I added a 29 later and a 66 later replaced by a 686. I added a 36 and a 63 and I managed to find a regulation police in 32S&W.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My first S&W revolver was a model 36 with 3” barrel. Still have it. And like Merick, my first S&W wasn’t a revolver. It was a nickel mod 59.
Verde

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
Model 19-4

thewelshm

Attachments

Reactions: ILGAC and StrawHat

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I’ve been lurking for a long time but I figured I’d finally take a leap and post. Regretfully, I live in NJ and am a firearms instructor and armorer. I look forward to retiring and moving to a free state.

In the meantime I was introduced to this forum and S&W revolvers from a friend who is also a forum member. He is a true S&W aficionado and introduced me to S&W revolvers and I have been hooked since.

My first S&W was a CS 9 (stainless) that I bought used at a LGS when I went to pick up another gun (G43). My gun collection has expanded but as far as S&Ws go, I have since added two more 9mm S&W auto loaders, an M&P 15 (bought for the furniture then sold the gun to a friend and modified it for him) and several (7 or so) revolvers. The AR was purchased as an investment and quickly sold but I have no intention of selling any of the S&Ws I currently own.

I read these threads regularly and am fascinated by the knowledge share by all of you. I can’t thank you all enough for all I’ve learned already and what you all have shared. I look forward to learning more and hopefully, adding to my collection.

Regards,
Gino

21 - 40 of 51 Posts