Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
28,099 Posts
Mine is a model 360 .38sp that I found at a LGS.

·
Registered
308 Posts
My very first S&W was my very first gun. I bought a used model 65 357 magnum in a pawn shop in Dallas in the very late 80's. What a good gun that was, I wish I still had it.

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
A 6" 629-1 . Man I hated that gun. The grips weren't fitted well and I'd get a cut in my palm from shooting it. Took me 20 years before I bought another 44 mag. Oddly enough, I can run box after box through my Pre's without anything but buzzy hands.

·
Registered
21,387 Posts
4" 66-2 - still have it; served many a year as the nightstand gun

·
Super Moderator
19,773 Posts
Model 669. It's an older 2nd gen compact 9mm. I carried it for close to 8 years. I still have it, and hopefully some family member will get it on my passing. I was given a model 14 shortly after I bought this one.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
3” chiefs special, could not hit anything with it so I have it to my mom who kept it for 40 years. She gave it to my sister who carries it now. I get to visit with it once in a while and it has a nice home.

·
Registered
11,163 Posts
It's been along time ago but I think it was a model 29-3 with 6" barrel. I remember my first colt it was a Diamondback 38 spl with 4" barrel. Back when I turned 21 in 1974 I was a Colt guy.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Sorry no pictures, at this time, but I do still have it. A model 19-3 with a 4 inch barrel, when I was about 19 years old.
Traded an absolute junk Charter Arms bulldog 44 special, that I hated, and gave a few bucks to booth the trade.
Had to have Dad do the trade, as I was under age, and the guy would not do the deal directly with me.
It's a pretty solid old gun, with a tiny bit of holster wear, and had been a Cop's duty gun for a short time. It was probably just an average gun when I got it. That said, its holding its own, as I have not aged it much if any since I got it. I think I have about $200.00 in it all total, and the time frame was the early 80's
Lots of 38's through it since then, and a very few 357 mags.

·
Premium Member
12,967 Posts
My first S&W revolver was a 586 no suffix that was made into a Pinto... Beautiful workmanship, including the action...

But... my very first S&W was a 3904 Third Generation semi-auto in 9mm:

·
Super Moderator
34,748 Posts
Although my brother and I inherited and split between us the firearms I would pick these two since they were the first ones my Dad taught me to shoot:

Model 14 and Model 17

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
I bought a used Model 36 in 1975 and as most of us have done I sold it to buy something I thought was better at the time. I have since rectified that error but it cost me way more than the $125 I paid for the first J Frame. On the plus side the replacement is an older flat latch.
3429DD67-93B7-4680-8EEE-1B61C03922A2.jpeg

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
My Dad gave me a new in the box model 14 in 1978, I was 11 years old. We would go to the police pistol range to practice. He and I would shoot after he qualified. At the police conventions during the summer i shot it in kids bullseye matches. I still have it in the box and it shoots great. It's never had a jacketed bullet down the barrel. Also my favorite revolver.

Original magna stocks are in the box. (14-3)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts