Smith And Wesson Forums banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
4 in. blue S&W mdl 19 with trigger stop. Went to shoot a **** in the swamp one day and it wouldn't shoot. Grabbed it by the barrel and rared back to throw it into the swamp. Brother in law yelled "Don't do that!!!". That night the trigger stop went into the garbage. Great gun after that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Model 66-1 used around 1989 I think I paid $275 and sold it around 1995 for $350 I thought I had made a good deal.. wish I still had all the 5 older Smiths I have owned.. When they put the locks on the revolver frame I swore I would never by one that had it and I have held to it. Zero Revolvers I do own a couple M&P autos.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Around 1980, I picked up a model 58, 4 inch, 41 magnum blue. Beautiful handling and shooting revolver. Will never part with it. Several other Smiths I have and love. A stainless 4 inch model 629-6, a model 327 TRR8, and a SW1911SC 45 ACP, an M&P Shield, 45 ACP 3.375 barrel.

·
Registered
14,767 Posts
My first S&W was a 9mm Shield. My first S&W revolver was a 1955, pre-model 10. Figured I needed to stock 38 specials, so I might as well go to 357 and I bought a 4" 686....that one really got the ball rolling

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was issued a Model 15 Combat Masterpiece in 1968 as a Flight Crew member. I as did many others traded it for a Model 19 Combat Magnum at a local pawn shop.
When I was discharged it, the Model 15, somehow got lost ;-( and I had to pay Uncle Sam $48.xx. I still have the 19, and no the 15s were not marked USAF ;-)

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
In 1982 in Blaine, MN, Total Sports was getting out of the gun business for softball, golf, and tennis. I bought a brand new in the box M41 with 5-1/2" barrel with 2 mags for the princely sum of $318.00 with tax. I sold my Ruger Mk II to help pay for the M41. I still have the M41 with all the stuff, extra mags, and Total Sports went out of business about 1988. I understand S&W is still making guns.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My first S&W was a Model 29 w/ 8 & 3/8" barrel. Bought it off a fellow in a financial bind for $150 back in 1969. No one knew of Dirty Harry back then. When he showed me the nickel revolver I knew I had to have it. I later found myself in the same position and sold it for $300. Later wished I had not sold the gun. Currently, I own a complete set of all Model 29's including one with the 10" barrel. Also, a set of all Model 19's. Now you know where my heart is in S&W's. My boys will wind up with these.

·
Registered
471 Posts
My first revolver was a ruger blackhawk in 44 mag, which was actually my father's. I kept the revolver for about 15 years until he married his third wife; then he ask for it back so I gave it to him. Later he moved out of state and decided to give it to me( you bet I was excited), but sadly his third wife pawned it before he bought it to me. Ok since this is armory I whine a bit. That revolver sparked my love for revolver, but to answer your question. My father in law passed away and left me part of his collection. My first Smith's came from him, m-28 6inch, m-27-2 5 inch, 49 no dash, 547 3 inch, 67 no dash (which my wife claimed and she can shoot it) 61-3. Sadly I had to sell the 49 and 28, but have add a bunch.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Model 10-7 6 inch barrel bought at a gun show in late 80's early 90's. Still have it and take it to the range once in awhile.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
A model 36 38 special with 3" barrel.

·
Registered
25 Posts

My first Smith was this 39-2 that I bought from a friend back in 1987 as a consolation gift to myself when my first (anti-gun) wife divorced me.
I still have it and have been married to my second wife for 31 years. (First wife has long divorced husband #5)

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
1972ll I bought all blue model 37 at Gibsons for $92

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
603 Posts
mine was a mod 37 no dash that I still have , had to give 25.oo for whish I would have bought the gold cup he had but it was 50,00

·
Registered
2 Posts
Four inch blue Model 19-3 in Scottsdale, AZ, 1971. $135 brand new from a gun shop. Still have it, wearing Fuzzy Farrant grips and a factory nickel finish.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts