Smith And Wesson Forums banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
9,368 Posts
First S&W.

Hey Tex,

I laid this away six months before I turned 21. Something like $169.00? And a case of T-22. ($50.00?) That was legal in Pa. at that time. Still had to wait the "three days"...(customary, at that time)

This is a M-17, TT, TS, TH, TG.

Still goes to the range often and regular. :D 42 years of BIG FUN! :eek: (already):D And it shows! :eek:

Later, Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
21,025 Posts
I got a used, but in new condition, M-67 4" .38 Spl. to have a centerfire revolver, for protection at home, and to carry in the woods. Not knowing that I needed a permit to carry, and it had to be concealed in Mass., at the time.......so it stayed at home. Just took it out deep in the woods, just to plink at targets. Still got it,but had S&W rebuild it in 2011. It's just like when I bought it, in the late 70's. weiweinpgoodjob01 Bob

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
1988-89(?) bought new at the LGS. Target model 622 with the long barrel. Still have it.

Reactions: Curt360

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
I was responsible for the care and feeding of a M15-2 in the Air Force, '68-'72. (no pics available) It's the only thing I really miss from those days. I carried it for the better part of 4 years.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My wife bought me a M15-3 in 1971 for a first wedding anniversary present. Both the gun and the wife are long since gone, The revolver was later replaced with another but not the wife.

·
Registered
351 Posts
The first Smith & Wesson we purchased was about 3 years ago for my wife – a 642LS J-Frame .38 caliber Lady Smith revolver. The first Smith & Wesson we purchased for me was just a couple of years ago – a 460V X-Frame Magnum revolver. It was followed with a 686 .38 Special/.357 Magnum L-Framed revolver with a 4” barrel. This next statement could be considered heresy – the other gun we purchased along with her Lady Smith was a Taurus Judge (I wanted the Smith & Wesson Governor, but the store didn’t have one). My apologies to the applicable “gun-gawds" . . .

·
Registered
28,001 Posts
My first S&W firearm was this..model 360PD, and the only change I made to it was the front sight. Now If you really want to know what sent me down the rabbit hole regarding revolvers it was finding one of my grail guns, my 2.5" model 66-2. I think I bought 5 more revolvers that year..but it's a blur now.;)

20171102_184137-1.jpg

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
I 1976 I walked into a local sporting goods store and bought a used Model 36. It is long gone but I do have a Model 36 in the herd.
According to what I learned lately, I’m sure that would be a “square latch”? :)

The
Thewelshm

·
Registered
51 Posts
My first S&W was a model 77A .22 caliber pellet rifle. Bought it new for $44 which was a lot for a kid in 1971 (the first year produced)
Me too! I think I got mine in 1974 for $35, or maybe a little more, like $37.50. Stewart's Gun Shop in Bloomington, IN. Right above the pet shop.

I don't know how many of those round white cans of pellets it ate up.

It's a nice sized rifle. At the time, it seemed like a really big rifle, but I dragged it all over three counties. It ended up in pretty rough shape from bouncing around farm trucks and tractors. I bought another one off Gunbroker a few years ago to relive those days. It was right before Christmas, and it felt like Christmas too. I don't know if I've been more excited over another gun.

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
Model19 4”

Thewelshm

Reactions: Curt360 and Leo918
21 - 40 of 59 Posts