Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,827 Posts
Yep, I guess I have a unicorn too! This one is a 48-4.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Very nice!

·
Premium Member
10,781 Posts
I guess it would spread out the recoil impulse...

Reactions: Thewelshm

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not trigger locks. Custom made gun props. Better to hold gun at a better angle, but you are right. The gun would look better without the props. Thanks, Big Larry

·
Premium Member
2,827 Posts
Not trigger locks. Custom made gun props. Better to hold gun at a better angle, but you are right. The gun would look better without the props. Thanks, Big Larry
The prop on mine is from S&W, it was an dealer item for displaying guns in sales case. At one time S&W had them for sale on their website, but ended that many years ago, as such, those blue props are becoming collectable to S&W fans, and spawned the demand for the custom made ones.

I don't think they detract from the gun that much... I like the one on your gun, it's neutral color is less distracting than mine.

·
Super Moderator
32,527 Posts
Fine looking Smiths, but that long barrel would be a female dog for me to handle!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's a good looking and interesting revolver. What all customizations went into creating it?
I bought it like this. The bbl. and cylinder are numbered to the gun which ended some years ago. Best I can ascertain is it may have been blue and with a shorter bbl. In any event, it now sports 3 T's, the stocks are later and appear to be Rosewood. It also has a red ramp sight and white outline rear. It is dated inside the stocks on the frame, 10-1982, as to when all this work was done. A factory letter would not disclose all this work. # 10K 0228 was originally shipped in 1977.
It remains unfired. Oh yeah, it has a star on the cylinder and the bbl. Someone put a lot of $$$ into this revolver. Not me though. I got a great deal on it. Big Larry

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
You should write SWHF. They may have the service records on it.

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
Does it come with a tripod mate?....:)

thewelshm

Reactions: Breakaway500

·
Premium Member
Model 27 and Model 19 (early builds)
3,582 Posts
Nice revolver,
I only have one which is a four-screw Model 27. It lettered to 4-29-1959.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts