1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
10,763 Posts
One word - Bloomberg

·
Premium Member
10,403 Posts
Michael Bloomberg bought the 2019 election for them, shifting their legislature and governor into gun grabber mode.

We all know what registering your gun with the government always leads to, right?

Pretty soon, it will be as safe to live in large Virginia cities as it is in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles and Washington CD.

The rest of the state would do well to secede to West Virginia and abandon all but the East Duchy of Virginia surrounding Washington DC to it's new king, Bloomberg.

·
Registered
12,999 Posts
....along with the NRA headquarters......:D

Reactions: Engineer1911

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
What happened, All the above and Republicans didn’t get out and vote.

Reactions: delcrossv

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
...The rest of the state would do well to secede to West Virginia and abandon all but the East Duchy of Virginia surrounding Washington DC to it's new king, Bloomberg.
You callin' coastal Virginians douchebags? :p

The problem I have is with how easy it was to buy the state. That is pathetic.

·
Premium Member
10,403 Posts
Down on the coast, you could probably secede to North Carolina. We've still got reasonable laws. At least, for now.

Just look at the current map of "Sanctuary" declarations...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Amendment_sanctuary#Virginia

91 out of 95 counties would probably make good additions to adjacent states. I'd welcome their votes, taxes and congressional seats.

Reactions: Injunbro

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
The rest of the state would do well to secede to West Virginia and abandon all but the East Duchy of Virginia surrounding Washington DC to it's new king, Bloomberg.
The "East Duchy of Virginia" is exactly analogous, politically, to the control NYC exercises over all of upstate NY--90% of the state! But tragically, NYC's 10% of the state contains more votes than all the rest. The present radical left-wing Demo governor LOST the last election everywhere outside of NYC & its suburbs! This is "democracy"?

The East Duchy consists mainly of the tens, or hundreds, of thousands of Federal jobs-for-life bureaucrats who, even though the vast majority are die-hard liberals, didn't want their kids attending DC schools; just like all those rich liberal hypocrites who condemned segregation, but sent their own kids to expensive private schools.

·
Premium Member
17,045 Posts
It is a prime example of what happens when the little voices that tell you your vote doesn't matter win out.

Reactions: delcrossv

·
Registered
232 Posts
What happened? Really? We screwed up early on by not heeding the warning implied by the legislation deferring action on new gun laws from July (post VA Beach shootings) to November (as in, after the elections). By not heeding the warnings, we didn't really bother to mobilize to keep a Republican majority. Oh sure, those of us that always vote, always voted, but that's all, and it wasn't enough. So we lost both houses they went blue. Not by much, just enough (apparently) to screw the living hell out of us and our freedoms.

Then, the day after it was too late, we woke up (basically like a pail of ice water dumped on us), and we mobilized as much and as hard as we could, Second Amendment Sanctuaries, Lobby Day, Militias, Town Hall Meetings, petitions, calling, writing, visiting, all multiple times.

But it wasn't enough, it was too little, too late...

And they got us.

And THAT'S the truth.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
The "East Duchy of Virginia" is exactly analogous, politically, to the control NYC exercises over all of upstate NY--90% of the state! But tragically, NYC's 10% of the state contains more votes than all the rest. The present radical left-wing Demo governor LOST the last election everywhere outside of NYC & its suburbs! This is "democracy"?

The East Duchy consists mainly of the tens, or hundreds, of thousands of Federal jobs-for-life bureaucrats who, even though the vast majority are die-hard liberals, didn't want their kids attending DC schools; just like all those rich liberal hypocrites who condemned segregation, but sent their own kids to expensive private schools.
Said it before, will say it again. Reynolds v. Sims disenfranchised everyone outside of the cities and has set the country on the road to civil war.

Guess Earl Warren never heard about the Great Compromise. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
23,200 Posts

Exactly the reason we need a similar voting system to the electoral college for states.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I blame the leadership of the Republican Party for what has happened to us in Virginia. I have lived in Virginia all of my 72 years and have voted since I was old enough in 1968. The party once had good leadership and we had the majority in congress and frequent governors and Senators. However, in the last couple of decades, they have lost their way. Where they once had candidates that were moderate that could appeal to the mainstream majority, they swerved to hard right candidates that appealed to only the anti-abortion, strict religious, etc. portion of the population that were not large enough to elect candidates. I'm very conservative but I have issues with some of the recent candidates that lost elections. When you leave 30+ candidates with no opposition, what can you expect. The Democrats had a state senate candidate that spent time in prison for relations with a minor who has been disbarred twice and he runs unopposed, you have to wonder about how the party is being managed.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
The Democrats had a state senate candidate that spent time in prison for relations with a minor who has been disbarred twice and he runs unopposed, you have to wonder about how the party is being managed.
Not just the Repubs of VA. Look what the national party did with their total control of Congress & the White House--squandered it all in the Obamacare fiasco! After claiming for years they "had a plan" to replace it, when they had finally gained the power to replace it, flashed their asses! TOTAL incompetence!

And the promise that gun-law reforms like making state pistol-permits valid nation-wide, or ending restrictions on suppressors, or lifting the ban on imports of Garands from S. Korea...who prevented all that from happening? Don't blame the Dems.

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
I blame the leadership of the Republican Party for what has happened to us in Virginia. I have lived in Virginia all of my 72 years and have voted since I was old enough in 1968. The party once had good leadership and we had the majority in congress and frequent governors and Senators. However, in the last couple of decades, they have lost their way. Where they once had candidates that were moderate that could appeal to the mainstream majority, they swerved to hard right candidates that appealed to only the anti-abortion, strict religious, etc. portion of the population that were not large enough to elect candidates. I'm very conservative but I have issues with some of the recent candidates that lost elections.
If the solution in Virginia is to have more moderate republican bedwetters afraid to speak up for the unborn and religious liberties, then Virginia is forever lost.

Here's Trump, first president ever, speaking at the March for Life in DC a few weeks ago.

God bless president Trump.

Trump-at-Pro-life-march-.jpg

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
If the solution in Virginia is to have more moderate republican bedwetters afraid to speak up for the unborn and religious liberties, then Virginia is forever lost.
So are Dems in control preferable to bedwetting Repubs? Can't believe you really mean that. The difference between the parties is that bedwetters aren't allowed in the present Dem Party--every one of them is as fanatically committed to their radical agenda as an ISIS terrorist! I've got no beef with the Marchers for Life, but I'd prefer they devoted some of their energy to supporting other conservative issues--which, apparently, they did not do in VA, or we wouldn't be having this discussion.

·
Registered
193 Posts
So are Dems in control preferable to bedwetting Repubs? Can't believe you really mean that. The difference between the parties is that bedwetters aren't allowed in the present Dem Party--every one of them is as fanatically committed to their radical agenda as an ISIS terrorist! I've got no beef with the Marchers for Life, but I'd prefer they devoted some of their energy to supporting other conservative issues--which, apparently, they did not do in VA, or we wouldn't be having this discussion.
Well....I don't think he said THAT. But, if you elect RINOs and expect them to stand up for certain things, and they don't do it, then you are in a situation where the 'R' next to their name means nothing, and you may as well have elected a 'D' because at least with him, you know where you stand.

This isn't just a problem in Virginia. We need conservative politicians that won't back down, won't compromise, and will take back things that we have lost. The Republican party keeps drifting back to the line of thought that such a politician can't win an election. But, they fail to see that people will not get out and vote if their Republican politician has no real differences than the Democrat that he is running against.

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
So are Dems in control preferable to bedwetting Repubs? Can't believe you really mean that. The difference between the parties is that bedwetters aren't allowed in the present Dem Party--every one of them is as fanatically committed to their radical agenda as an ISIS terrorist!
Any self-respecting conservative will tell you neither is preferable because they both result in a leftward path.

The problem is the defeatist thinking that democrats who stand firm on liberal positions win, but republicans must flush their conservative views or lose.

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
We need conservative politicians that won't back down, won't compromise, and will take back things that we have lost. The Republican party keeps drifting back to the line of thought that such a politician can't win an election. But, they fail to see that people will not get out and vote if their Republican politician has no real differences than the Democrat that he is running against.
^^^^^

Well said.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Well....I don't think he said THAT. But, if you elect RINOs and expect them to stand up for certain things, and they don't do it, then you are in a situation where the 'R' next to their name means nothing, and you may as well have elected a 'D' because at least with him, you know where you stand.
I already pointed out (does it need to be?) the stupid, dithering, incompetence of RINOS during the 2 yrs they controlled Congress--a precious opportunity squandered! I HATE them all for that. (At the top of my hate list, that phony "hero" John McCain.) But to take the attitude that I "may as well have elected a 'D' because at least with him, you know where you stand" is cutting off your nose to spite your face! Yes, I know where the Dems stand--on probably the first day they gain control of the Senate, another assault-rifle ban will be passed; no dithering, no arguing among themselves even though they do have their differences, they will get it done, just as they have already done in VA.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts